Extreme noobie here - Keep my new bundle or return it?

prayingd

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2011
Milan, MI
Hi folks!

Although I know little/nothing about the Wii phenomenon, I have been dreaming about getting a Wii system for several years. Gave into temptation last week and bought a "Wii bundle" from Overstock.

Bundle includes the following:
  • Nintendo Wii Console
  • Nintendo Selects - Wii Sports
  • New Super Mario Bros
  • Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board
  • Super Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack
  • Wii Remote Plus controller
  • Nunchuk controller
  • Wired sensor bar
  • Power cord
  • Standard composite cable
  • Console stand
  • Console manual
  • HD Component Cable
  • Travel/Storage Case for Wii Fit- Green
  • Rechargeable Battery Pack for Wii Fit
  • Game Case
  • Wired Dance Pad
  • 2 in 1 Charger Cradle
  • 2 Steering Wheels (1 Blue, 1 White)
  • Winter Sports: The Ultimate Challenge
  • Lens Cleaner
I paid $301 for the bundle (used a discount code) including shipping. Too much?

I have not opened anything yet, but am experiencing BRS - buyers remorse syndrome. Perhaps I should have spend a few weeks researching my needs before buying. (I plan to use the system for primarily for personal physical conditioning, sports simulation and perhaps a few games.)

I beg your advice. Was this a wise bundle to get, considering my needs? Or should I return it and go for a more basic setup for $160-$200?

If I keep it, what would be most essential item(s) to add, especially for two people to participate together?

Thanks for any and all input.
:yesnod:

Dennis

• Super Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack
  • Standard composite cable
  • Console stand
  • Console manual
  • Travel/Storage Case for Wii Fit- Green
  • Game Case
  • Wired Dance Pad
  • Winter Sports: The Ultimate Challenge
  • Lens Cleaner

Stuff that isn't really needed

That's a pretty oddball assortment but overall not really a horrible price. IMO Overstock isnt really a very good place to shop...

(I plan to use the system for primarily for personal physical conditioning, sports simulation and perhaps a few games.)

Really? Well Nintendo is the 1st to *try* to get kids more involved in gaming. That is commendable with the whole childhood obesity "epidemic", with everyone else just wanting to make kids happy & complacent Nintendo's like STFU fatty, you gotta work for this ****. But anyway don't expect too much in the way of "physical conditioning" nor "sports simulation"... It is entertaining and fun but youre better of just going to a park for a couple hours and screwing around or hitting the gym if you're serious.

that's a lot filler that only die hard collectors would want. you could take it back and get a used wii for a fraction (not sure I'd like a used wii fit :skep: ) you have a dance pad without the right game for it as well.

It has NEVER BEEN PROVEN that wii fit can actually get you the "physical conditioning" you want. You are better off bench-pressing the box that it all came in :lol:

Decision made...

Thanks for your input. Appears as though my purchase essentially amounts to a waste of money. Will return bundle today. May wait another year to purchase a Wii.
Happy holidays!

Back