Face it, Blu-Ray is needed

Why build a PC just to have to rebuild it in a year when a game comes out that wont run on your hardware and end up spending tens of thousands on it when you can buy a PS3 and know that every game thats released will run perfectly fine on it, even in five years.

or in the PS2 case, 8.

Last edited:
Celestial said:
Yea but computers have crappy games :(

what?...a lot of games for the 360 and ps3 are being released for pc + pc will always have more space/better graphics etc

GamerCon said:
Why build a PC just to have to rebuild it in a year when a game comes out that wont run on your hardware and end up spending tens of thousands on it when you can buy a PS3 and know that every game thats released will run perfectly fine on it, even in five years.

sounds like someone like the ps3

They're not my type of games... and it's kinda easy to get a Ps3 as you just have to buy it and plug it in, kinda simple

WII60 said:
sounds like someone like the ps3
Well when they say "Just buy a really good comp" over a PS3, its kinda like... no. My friend got a 2k comp 3 years ago and just got a 5k comp a week ago. Sory but i dont have the money for that. So when its PC over PS3, ill take the PS3 please.

Computers, Crappy Games?
You've gotta be kidding me!
Left 4 Dead?
Crysis?
Half Life Episodes?
All with PC Mouse and Keyboard and Better graphics than X-Box/PS could ever dream of
What about Alan Wake?
and mainly MODS!!!

I build my PCs myself using spare parts from previous ones and I'm making an awesom Upgradeable Rig for about £750 which will last at least 2 years with the highest settings on games (Online as a pre-built it would cost at least £1200).
Plus it only uses one of my new Crossfire slots so i'll be able to upgrade it in a couple of years for a few hundered quid.
I don't want a PS3/XBOX 360 because you also need to spend about £1200 extra for the HDTV to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Ill say PC games arent my bag. MMO's mostly but i do like my Counter Strike and Half Life. I do prefer knowing a game will work at its max cause im not to fond of the 'gotta lower the graphics cause im to poor to buy a $300 graphics card' felling.

Hows the PSP hunt going E7ernal?

E7ernal said:
Computers, Crappy Games?
You've gotta be kidding me!
Left 4 Dead?
Crysis?
Half Life Episodes?
All with PC Mouse and Keyboard and Better graphics than X-Box/PS could ever dream of
What about Alan Wake?
and mainly MODS!!!

I build my PCs myself using spare parts from previous ones and I'm making an awesom Upgradeable Rig for about £750 which will last at least 2 years with the highest settings on games (Online as a pre-built it would cost at least £1200).
Plus it only uses one of my new Crossfire slots so i'll be able to upgrade it in a couple of years for a few hundered quid.
I don't want a PS3/XBOX 360 because you also need to spend about £1200 extra for the HDTV to enjoy it.

actually i dont have a hd tv and really enjoy my 360!

And the PS3 has a option to lower the resolution to 720 if its in 1080.

RE:pSP Hunt - It's not going too bad. I'm selling some stuff to a guy I know on another forum and I'm gonna raise money that way.

mushroomedmario said:
are you kidding me? you incredibly missed his point! Super Mario World is still being played today over the only two decent games for ps3
I play my NES over my Wii, does mean Wii games are bad?

I didnt mis the point, he didnt even make one. There are a lot of old games being played over PS3 games, and Wii games and 360 games. I really dont see his point or yours.

Back