Failed attempt one more time

Koncept

Swiit Candies
Jan 29, 2007
Montreal, Qc
Wii Online Code
0348-0608-4135-2757
Step 1 : Ok, I have mcafee 2007 10in1 on my pc. When I install the nintendo usb dongle I tell mcafee to accept it, it shows but don't accepted by the wii so I disable the firewall, go online with the wii then go to sleep and the morning my pc as black screen but still turned on so I restart manually. Then I figure that firefox isn't working because the usb dongle messed up with my IP so I reinstall windows xp and the components backed up andthen I'm back to step 1.

You see the pattern? I repeated that 5 times without solving the problem. I would like to have a non-stop connection with my wii and still have internet to work on the pc. Why is it screwing up everytime?

Thanks for your help.

I actually have firefox...the usb dongles and Mcafee 2007.... the only problem i have its i have to re-install the dongle about once a month when i have a big xp update or a big mcafee update....

but beside that everything work find...

How do you get mcafee too bypass the firewall with the wii?

this is what i did:

i went into Internet network and configuration/firewall/trusted and banned IP:

i trust the standard ip for the nintendo usb dongle: it should be :
192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2

it could be different depends on your network...

you should also check you block events in Reports and logs...you will see that when you try to test your connection with the wii the firewall will stop an ip adress that belongs to nintendo. (depends on your country) just check witch one it is and allow it...

then unplug your internet and press manage network ....tell you computer that you trust the computer on this network...it will show you a cpu at
192.168.1.1 (its not your computer its the dongle) so its normal if mcafee say that its not protected with the antivirus....

then open your wii again connect your cpu on internet...do A NEW connection test and it should work....then you should see the 192.168.1.2 on your mcafee network menu (its your wii)

You can PM me if you need more help....

In my IP adresses I have .From 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255. wtf

Plus it doesnt show any ip in reports and log...

Last edited:
just start to try with allowing 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 ....because 192.168.1.1 is the default wii dongle address.....

Last edited:
your in montreal....im in montreal to...so allow this ip adress it should be the same for you:

192.195.204.216 is an nintendo ip adress...dont worry

It just screws up everything it says my router adress is 192.168.0.1

And I have a mac AND a pc but no airport since it's a power g4

Yeah I was planning on doing that. Anyone wants a wifi nintendo usb connector? lol

sorry....but it works well for me....but i do no have a router install on my pc....so this setup works find for me...

Back