fake wii mote?

walkitout

WiiChat Member
Jul 17, 2007
hey everybody, i recently purchases a wii mote off someone and i am a little bit concerned ... there are a quite a few differences from the wii mote that came with my system. I'm doing this all from memory so just bear with me =)

1. all that mumbo jumbo on the left side of the mote is completely different (theres a do not "throw in the trash" garbage can symbol tihng on the one i bought, but not on the stock mote)

2. under the battery cover i tihnk besides the sync button, the remote i bought has a nintendo sticker whil the stock one has like a nintendo engraving

3. the motion sensing is slighly different from the stock remote (less sensitive in wiisports golf)

4. the "B" button is slightly different

5. the weight of the controllers are slightly, but noticably different

6. the "Wii" at the bottom of the remote looks slightly off (simmilar to those fake ps2 controller and stuff)

7. the writing on the circuit board that you can sort of see under the battery cover is completely differnet

8. a few numbers and letters here and there are different (the labels or whatever on the remote)

there may be a few other things but thats the majority of it .. i was just wondering if this remote is maybe an earlier production and/or a remote from a different region.. im scared that it may be a fake although i have found nothing on the internet regarding fake remotes but im still paranoid ><

your input will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

walkitout said:
hey everybody, i recently purchases a wii mote off someone and i am a little bit concerned ... there are a quite a few differences from the wii mote that came with my system. I'm doing this all from memory so just bear with me =)

1. all that mumbo jumbo on the left side of the mote is completely different (theres a do not "throw in the trash" garbage can symbol tihng on the one i bought, but not on the stock mote)

2. under the battery cover i tihnk besides the sync button, the remote i bought has a nintendo sticker whil the stock one has like a nintendo engraving

3. the motion sensing is slighly different from the stock remote (less sensitive in wiisports golf)

4. the "B" button is slightly different

5. the weight of the controllers are slightly, but noticably different

6. the "Wii" at the bottom of the remote looks slightly off (simmilar to those fake ps2 controller and stuff)

7. the writing on the circuit board that you can sort of see under the battery cover is completely differnet

8. a few numbers and letters here and there are different (the labels or whatever on the remote)

there may be a few other things but thats the majority of it .. i was just wondering if this remote is maybe an earlier production and/or a remote from a different region.. im scared that it may be a fake although i have found nothing on the internet regarding fake remotes but im still paranoid ><

your input will be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Could you provide pictures of the differences?

i was hoping my question would be answered without ahving to post pictures so i just didnt mention the fact that i wont be able to post pictures until roun 6 -7pm eastern cause im at work =( but i will post pictures asap!

has anyone ever heard of or seen fake wiimotes?

i know someone with exactly the same thing. As far as i know it works alright so its no big deal but still.
Post pics

You don't even need to provide pics, the thing is if you got that off of ebay you bought a counterfeit item. Something ebay loves to sell to people, because the ebay nazi's are making lot's of money off of each of those sales. They don't care that it is fake, they got your money and they fooled you hands down.

Counterfeit merchandise is a huge problem on ebay, one of the reasons I hate the place with a passion and a reason I don't shop there. I know where to get my stuff that is real and worth my money.

The PSP has this problem with the sony/sandisk MS Pro Duo memory sticks, they are cheap on ebay but they are entirely fake. Most PSP idiots don't even care that it is fake and buy it anyway, like morons.

Just do yourself a favor, spend the extra $10 or what not, and get the real item instead of helping scammers/fakers/counterfeiters all over the world. If you can't find it online, go to your local store, they should always have them.

Note: If you bought this from a person you can see face to face, kick him in the nuts for me. Spit on him too if you want.

well i wouldnt go that far yet lol, it was a private local sale, he doesnt even have a wii he just bought it for his computer lol tahts why h wanted to get rid of it.. ill ask him where he got it from

If it works then it's all good. I doubt people on eBay sells counterfeit Wii remotes because these things are actually pretty expensive to manufacture.

Hey everyone, I was the one who sold walkitout the wiimote. I had no idea they even sold fakes. Here are some pictures I took before I sold it

That battery pack in the back is an aftermarket LI-OH battery from DealXStream.com

Oh walkitout, the weight may be due to the difference in battery, is it still different with the batteries out?

i know both my wiimotes say RVL-003 on the remote somewhere... and i have both sets of wii motes the weak strap and the new strap and they both say RVL-003 so check that.

if i remember correctly that was one of the labels that was the same, and yea anthony i was using the same batteries as i was with my original remote cause i was charging the battery pack

Wow! You have a good eye. Check where it is made in. Sometimes there might be a slight differences where it is made in.

If both of them say it is made in the same country than I will question about it.

Considering that it came out in November / December of last year, I don't think we will see fake ones this soon.

I have 4 wiimotes and all look exactly like the first one
Reading your first post again I agree with lunatix, must be a manufacturing issue

Last edited:
Back