Fan broken...

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
My sister's internal fan no longer works on her Wii.

We are not sure what broke it, but it will not engage at all.

Will an external fan do the same/better job?

That's not really an option because it is from launch date so a year is over.

What is the best fan to go for?

Sending it back might take a while though, I'd just buy the fan personally... at least then I know no one's mucked anything else up.

if it's out of warranty.

i've never looked inside the wii, but i would see if you can get an internal replacement. it can't be too hard, but could take some time, mr expert modder... :lol:

the fan isn't located on an outside wall like the GC... so it may be important that the fan is inside blowing on something. :yesnod:

idjut said:
if it's out of warranty.

i've never looked inside the wii, but i would see if you can get an internal replacement. it can't be too hard, but could take some time, mr expert modder... :lol:

the fan isn't located on an outside wall like the GC... so it may be important that the fan is inside blowing on something. :yesnod:
I have been looking for one but can't find it.

The fan is near the back and parallel to the heat-sink. You have to remove the casing and the dvd drive before you can have access to it :yesnod:

Singhson said:
How on earth did you find out the fan had stopped working?
Did you just happen to be sleeping with it on in your bed LOL!

But seriously, phone em up(Nintendo), because an external fan is a bonus/extra not a substitute!
I found out because when she turned it on she knew something was wrong when it didn't make any noise whatsoever

i doubt any external fan would be good enough to take the place of the internal one...try to see if u can get one from nintendos site, but for now try this external one LINK

EDIT:: you might want to get 2 of them to do the job..get the stand cooler (LINK) and the one above

Last edited:
Francis_turbine.jpgget this please!!!!!:yesnod:

GEengine-763893.jpgor this one, i'll contribute money, and i'll even throw in extra if you rock a mullet like this guy too!!!! :lol:

p.s.- warning to nxcmp, in the future i'll probably bug you for PC help... or i'll just throw my computer out the window, whichever seems more satisfying at the time. :lol:

Last edited:
With the dimensions, CFM, and voltage requirements, I've never had a problem replacing any failed fan in any failed device I've come across. Just takes some skill with a soldering iron.

Check places like MCM Electronics and Allied Electronics, they have lots of hard-to-find parts. Hell, I got the replacement cartridge slot connector for my NES from MCM.

Back