Fancy Blue Light Dissapeared

andyd99

soon to be divorced
Aug 6, 2007
Staffs UK!!
Wii Online Code
6306-3523-3585-1505
My fancy flashing blue light has gone? I have new messgaes stored in there, I know it only comes on when there is a message or a new update, but its completely gone, and i cant find the settings for it anywhere, i know they were there before, but i cant seem to find them now.:mad5:

Are the messages from other users or just ones saying what activities you've done? Doesn't light up blue for the ones saying how long you've played that particular day.

Mine lit up for an update the other day. But didn't light up for the other update. Was lit up earlier from a message I was sent.

Fancy blue light has dissapeared

I don't know if this makes a difference at all, but i brought a hd component cable on thursday last week,and ever since ive done that the blue light has stopped coming on when i get a new message, or an update. Will this be the reason why or is it just broke?

To turn off/on the blue light, go to wii settings and then go wiiconnect24 and choose slot illumunation and choose a option there. If slot illumination is on bright or dim, then whenever you recive a update or messga eit will turn blue.

It used to do that, until i connected this hd component cable, and it stopped flashing. Ive got 3 messages in the inbox now, and it wont come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well does the light come up, when the console is switched on or when you insert or eject a disk?

I don't think its related to component cable, maybe some new update from nintendo.

mm the only time my light ever came on is when i got the recent update, then the other update came throught. It came on only for the second update.

andyd99 said:
I don't know if this makes a difference at all, but i brought a hd component cable on thursday last week,and ever since ive done that the blue light has stopped coming on when i get a new message, or an update. Will this be the reason why or is it just broke?

The component cables will not affect the slot illumination. You should check to see if the settings are still the same. Mine seem to work fine. I might have a minor problem with my other Wii though, when I insert a game, it takes longer than usual and the remote turns off, after the games starts I have to push A to turn the remote back on. I think I'll contact Nintendo about that one.

Back