Far Cry graphics suck

vagrant said:
Ok let's break it down. You know what ubisoft is, and you know what valve is. Now in reference to someone saying this game made by ubisoft, having sucky graphics I said "it's ubisoft not valve."

Meaning, yes, it does have sucky graphics, because it is made by ubisoft, a developement company that does more with quantity then quality, as opposed to Valve, who does the opposite.

tu comprende?
Non, je n'ai pas compris...est-ce que tu comprends?

/ 's' à la fin...pas 'e' ;)

eh? qui parlais francais? anyways, his hand looks horrible in that picture, but then again, wait a minute u saw the video's off ign and well how can u tell if the grafx suck wen ign does low res videos? it obviously looks better in real life on a TV then a ign video.

Come on guys, look at his hands! Look at the gun models... they look a step above an N64 game! This is completely unacceptable by today's standards.

White-Wolf said:
I thought ubsoft was a publisher not a developer. Prince of Persia Rocked
Published by: Ubisoft
Developed by: Ubisoft Montreal
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Number of Players: 1-2
Release Date:
US: December 5, 2006
Europe: December 8, 2006

and yes, prince of Persia is great.

vagrant said:
It's ubisoft not valve.
Why did it take about 15 posts to understand 4 words?

I can see past the pixelized, apparently "hi-res" video from IGN and I would say the graphics and physics only look slightly better than Perfect Dark for N64. Ubisoft definatly does quantity over quality but since this is one of their flagship games, I expect it will be alot of fun. I will most likely buy this game because it could be the best fps to date and everyone needs an "M" rated game.

Ubisoft doesnt always do quantity over quality.

Look at Rayman for Wii, they made that and its getting great reviews all round.

Haha. Well, I actually benefitted from this post. Someone mentioned Prince of Persia's greatness, then I remembered that I used to play that game, but never got very far. So, I dug up PoP:SoT, put it in my 360, and prayed it read the disc :D

It did, and now I'll have an amazing game to occupy me until I get a Wii. You rock OP :)

I have seen the videos on ign and although i dont think they represent what its going to look like in 480p or even 480i the textures are looking slightly weak. I think they have spent more time getting the controls working well than using the wii's full potential. But as it is a launch title id rather have the wiimote working well and sacrifice graphics slightly.

saying its a slight step up from a N64 game isnt a very fair comparison though. take a look back dont just use your memory becuase i think youv given it a bit too much credit.

Well the IGN was just a preview, could be made a bit better, but I doubt any company can do it that fast and get it into games and ready to be manufacturered

YouTube - FarCry Vengeance

look decent to me.

stop being tools, the game was fun before with decent graphics, it'll be fun again with decent graphics.

haha wow, i must admit, the physics DO look really bad though.

Last edited:
Back