Published by: Ubisoft
Developed by: Ubisoft Montreal
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Number of Players: 1-2
Release Date:
US: December 5, 2006
Europe: December 8, 2006

and yes, prince of Persia is great.

Those publishers are full of ****, taking credit for others work.
All the real work on FarCry has been made by Crytek the original developer, the only thing Ubisoft's team has done is sort of "developed" these crappy console versions from a ready game. like building legos with a sledgehammer and saw.

xbandaidx said:
Who said 360 and PS3 were next generation? Most game developers feel that the Wii is the true next generation because its actually TRYING to change how we play games.

Just CPU and Graphics upgrade.
Exactly.

Everyone complaining about games 2 weeks after the console launch, read this post to put things in perspective, then be patient.
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-articles/6046-failure-launch-within-realistic-expectations.html

HOWEVER, wasn't motion control initially planned as an add-on for the GC? It seems like the Wii may be graphically inferior to other 'next-gen' consoles b/c all their attention was focused on the new control, they didn't have time/money to address more powerful hardware.

So I feel like the Wii may be a test run, to see how well it sells & if people go for the new control scheme. Then they will release another much more powerful console w/refined motion control in 3-4 years.

Who knows, I am just talking out of my ass here.
redface.gif

The Wii is suppose to be equal if not better then the XBOX. Saying the Wii has inferior graphics or saying a game company produces games with bad graphics is wrong. It all depends on the development team that is involve in that game. If the group wants to put more time in the graphics, they could easily create a much better looking game compare to the XBOX. Point is the group of people who wrote/setup the graphics for Farcry either didn't have enough time or they plain suck and Ubisoft needs to fired them. Look at Resident Evil 4 which looks better then most XBOX games and it was running on the gamecube hardware which is weaker then XBOX and noticeable the Wii also with much less memory. In the end it all depends on who is programming it, and each game has their own development group even if it's in the same company.

so what. Zelda OOt of times graphic's are worse but does that make it a bad game no??? This is why most Games suck now becuase people want Graphic's not Game play. Its good to have good graphic's and all but I rather have a game like Zelda Minish Cap with 2D graphic's but great game play.

saturnine said:
Exactly.

Everyone complaining about games 2 weeks after the console launch, read this post to put things in perspective, then be patient.
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-articles/6046-failure-launch-within-realistic-expectations.html

HOWEVER, wasn't motion control initially planned as an add-on for the GC? It seems like the Wii may be graphically inferior to other 'next-gen' consoles b/c all their attention was focused on the new control, they didn't have time/money to address more powerful hardware.

So I feel like the Wii may be a test run, to see how well it sells & if people go for the new control scheme. Then they will release another much more powerful console w/refined motion control in 3-4 years.

Who knows, I am just talking out of my ass here.
redface.gif

Its not a bad thought, but the point I'm trying to get across is that every new hardware (including PS3) developers need to learn a new system again, they have to discover what works well and what doesn't. You cannot expect them to release a game for the wii with the best damn control in the world.

Now I will admit by taking what I have just said, there is no excuse for poor graphics, However, in the end it's about gameplay. I remember when I first played Half Life years after its release, and I thought the graphic was a bit subpar, but the gameplay was simply awesome.

Now having it been stated in this thread that the current Wii has the same power as the first gen xbox, we all have an idea of the potential the system can have.

xbandaidx said:
Now having it been stated in this thread that the current Wii has the same power as the first gen xbox, we all have an idea of the potential the system can have.

The Wii is unarguably more "powerful" then the xbox. Just check the specs. I have Madden 07 for xbox and rented it for Wii, it looks better on the Wii, and theres slow downs on the Xbox. Im not saying the Wii blows it out of the water but theres a noticable difference.

Don't worry, in a year or so when developers have mastered the Wii's controller they'll soon make the Wii graphics amazing.

How can anyone say that the wii graphics are just above n64 graphics, i think you might aswell download yourself a n64 rom and take another look. Also i think most of the textures on far cry look really good, just look at the water and the grass from the youtube link above from swiftay, and thats a low quality video..

yes yes we know FARCRY, out of all games, DOES LOOK LIKE A N64 GAME which is a once out of all the games

Ok, I retract my previous statements. It seems Gamespot has 4 VERY good hands-on videos of this game and the graphics are around XBox 1 level. I am definitely looking forward to this title.

I really want this to be a success. I'll buy one of the following before Chistmas and would like it to be this.

Red Steel looks badly executed, I'm sick of WWii Games so no Call of Duty thanks and never played any Splinter Cell before they look boring when all I'm after is all out action.

That covers all available options?

sparc said:
I really want this to be a success. I'll buy one of the following before Chistmas and would like it to be this.

Red Steel looks badly executed, I'm sick of WWii Games so no Call of Duty thanks and never played any Splinter Cell before they look boring when all I'm after is all out action.

That covers all available options?

If your after all out action, get Farcry. It has some stealth elements but you can chose to run and gun or (in some instances) chose to use stealth.

ok look at it this way in magaziens and on websites graphics suck compared to the real deal. ive seen LoZ:TP pics in mags and on websites and the graphics were terrible!

Of course Far Cry graphics will suck. Far Cry graphics on Xbox sucked lol. Far Cry should still be a pretty fun game though. 99% of the Wiis graphics will suck. But thats not why we bought the system is it?

ABC said:
If your after all out action, get Farcry. It has some stealth elements but you can chose to run and gun or (in some instances) chose to use stealth.

Theyy might look like crap to you, but it depends on what your last console was. Mine was a GameGear.

Compared to the GameGear, comparing all/b] aspects of the consoles, where does the Wii excell and fail? Remember, comparative to a GameGear.

Back