farcry or cod3

scubasteve

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
sry if this has been made already, ill make this short, for christmas should i get farcry or cod3? as far as glitches and gameplay go? i heard cod3 was a bit dodgy.

thanks, i was hopin so and im pretty sure i can trust your opinion since you're active on the forums and all.

scubasteve said:
thanks, i was hopin so and im pretty sure i can trust your opinion since you're active on the forums and all.

COD 2 is a one campaign 100% linear game.

Far cry actually allows you to do things in different orders later on in the game.

Definitley farcry. Cod3 isnt a good game. I'm really sorry to say so, but its true. Its like Godfather 3. 1 & 2 are really good, but 3 just isnt good, There are lotsa glitches and no multiplayer. I have Cod3 and there are times when you see guns just floating in the air or bodies through walls.

ryegye24 said:
Definitley farcry. Cod3 isnt a good game. I'm really sorry to say so, but its true. Its like Godfather 3. 1 & 2 are really good, but 3 just isnt good, There are lotsa glitches and no multiplayer. I have Cod3 and there are times when you see guns just floating in the air or bodies through walls.
Dude that happened in WW2, my grandpa used to tell me all about the floating guns and pink sherman tanks and the small red elves that made chicken noises on omaha beach...while he was smoking his opium pipe.

pandoras_socks said:
Dude that happened in WW2, my grandpa used to tell me all about the floating guns and pink sherman tanks and the small red elves that made chicken noises on omaha beach...while he was smoking his opium pipe.

lmao easily one of the funniest threads I have read in a while.

CoD3 has way better controls. In FarCry when you move off the screen, it oddly moves your controls to wherever it feels like. yo can also get stuck looking down a lot. The ferral attacks are wicked fun though. Call of Duty is nioce because when you move off the screen it turns you faster whichever direction you are looking. That is the logical choice, and therfore is much smoother for gameplay. I will admit though that after you get used to those shitty parts of the controls, FarCry is loads of fun. Both offer the vehicles, but I haven't seen any in the multiplayer of FarCry. That would rock. It would also be nice if it supported 4 players. Playing preditor against 3 people would be insane. Of course CoD3 has no multiplayer at all.

Overall if your looking for a realistic game with good controls, get Cod3. FarCry has more of a Doom feel to it, and has the slight control issues I mentioned. But it still is loads of fun to play.

So get them both, but know what your getting.

vagrant said:
I have never once had that control issue. And never once got it stuck looking in any direction.

Its more just that if you are looking down, and possibly getting hit, it takes a second or two to look back up. I guess its mostly because I got CoD first that I got used to being able to look quickly. If I had only played FarCry I would not have any gripes.

ryegye24 said:
Its like Godfather 3. 1 & 2 are really good, but 3 just isnt good, There are lotsa glitches and no multiplayer.

Exactly, the best Call of Duty in my opinion was United Offensive, then it slowly got worse and worse.

far cry is not worth $50. 29.99 maybe. the AI blows on every setting. if you cant outsmart them, you really shouldn't be playing games. cod3 is a much more exciting experience. (at least the enemies can aim) far cry is sort of like duck hunt with the ability to move.... and the enemies fire at you.... occasionally......

doug52 said:
far cry is not worth $50. 29.99 maybe. the AI blows on every setting. if you cant outsmart them, you really shouldn't be playing games. cod3 is a much more exciting experience. (at least the enemies can aim) far cry is sort of like duck hunt with the ability to move.... and the enemies fire at you.... occasionally......

Stop playing it on Easy mode.

Vagrant do you have the game??.. ime wondering why it got such crappy reviews from ign!!! i usually dont care but 4/10 is really bad...maybe they just said 4/10 coz of graphics

Back