FarCry Vengance Reveiw

Joe

Banned
Oct 23, 2006
Parker CO
Wii Online Code
5856-5939-3035-0479
Anyways,this is my reveiw....not some other dude's from another place on the web... I SWEAR!
When I first picked up FarCry from the store today(12/13/06) I was expecting
a solid fps for the Wii! Well I think we have one! FarCry uses the wii-mote very nicely....you use it to point and shoot, wave it around to slash your knife,(same way to claw people to death :lol:) and flick the numchuck to throw a grenade (works very well!) A lot of peolpe were saying that FarCry had worse graphics than COD3! This is somewhat true! The cut scenes are horrible!!! When you first start the game it seems like a downgraded Grand Theft Auto! Fame rate is awful in cut scenes as well! The picture is very jittery and gets really annoying....although when you actually start playing the game it gets much better! The graphics seem to improve as you get further in the game :lol: Anyways the game looks good and the only thing left I have to say is that the AI is STUPID!!! Good thing there is an Easy, Meduim, and Hard mode that make it somewhat more difficult!

My rating 8.5 out of 10
If you have any questions just ask
heres an awsome video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oxr16I3wWIg

Last edited:
Ubisoft is also planning to use Wiiconnect 24 for updates!

joe have you come accross the problem with being too far away from the wii? its pretty annoying! have you tried multiplayer yet? The maps are pretty decent actually.

....actually I just picked it up and I havent tried the multiplayer maps......
what do you mean I am too far from my Nintendo Wii!!!!

actually, what happens is that if you are sitting too far away, far cry actually says, get closer to the tv. ive never had this happen in any other games. i have to totally rearrange my living room to play far cry, haha.

doug52 said:
actually, what happens is that if you are sitting too far away, far cry actually says, get closer to the tv. ive never had this happen in any other games. i have to totally rearrange my living room to play far cry, haha.

Dude I'm laughing at that.

Can you imagine future Mature titles with them saying "Get closer *****!" or something like that. I don't know about you, but I'd consider that an easter egg. Funny one too.

Usually I don't think reviews can be given until you at least play the game for 3 days.

itd be funny if it didnt require you to play less than 6 feet from the television at all times. the game is hard enough on my eyes, (trying to decipher enemies from trees). i dont need to be up close at the tv.

I just bought this game like 30 minutes ago at wal-mart.

Haven't played it yet cus I'm watching the VGA's on spike. I'll give my opinion later.

The VGAs are terrible, lots of celebs though. Far Cry looks pretty fun in that video. I don't mind low detail graphincs but I HATE games with tearring, glitches, and all around rough graphics. Doug or Joe, you've mensioned that Far Cry has these problems. How much does it ruin the all around gaming exxperience?

It really dosnt!
Most of the problems are in the cutscenes!
The graphics (in my opinion are actually pretty good)
FarCry is a great game and every FPS fan needs to at least rent it!

Last edited:
doug52 said:
itd be funny if it didnt require you to play less than 6 feet from the television at all times. the game is hard enough on my eyes, (trying to decipher enemies from trees). i dont need to be up close at the tv.

My solution was to place an end-table in the middle of my living room and set the sensor bar on that... I'm glad the sensor bar cord is as long as it is!

It made a huge difference.

mushly said:
My solution was to place an end-table in the middle of my living room and set the sensor bar on that... I'm glad the sensor bar cord is as long as it is!

It made a huge difference.

sounds good. ill go with something like that.

miiplaywii said:
The VGAs are terrible, lots of celebs though. Far Cry looks pretty fun in that video. I don't mind low detail graphincs but I HATE games with tearring, glitches, and all around rough graphics. Doug or Joe, you've mensioned that Far Cry has these problems. How much does it ruin the all around gaming exxperience?

The overall visual quality of the game is low. there's some muddy texturework, and an overall washed out look. it's hard to see enemies from long distances, and pop up is so bad that you can be shooting at an enemy from a far distance, move a bit to the side, and due to the short draw distance, the enemy you were firing at will disappear from your screen. move back, and he magically reappears. not to mention how bad the foliage pop-in is. i just want a good framerate though, and it doesn't deliver that even with the low quality visuals.

However....... the game is lots of fun. it controls way better than the other fps on the wii so far. precise aim is possible. you need it to maximize your crazy berzerker meter thing, because you need head shots. Im about 2 hours into the game and it's really just a lot of island hopping and bad guy shooting so far. mostly fun though.

Back