FarCry Vengance Reveiw

Glad I don't listen to the reviews, cus I'm liking this game.

If I want better far cry graphics I will play far cry on my pc :p

vagrant said:

Well Matt never really said anything bad about gameplay, only thing is graphics, I guess a Wii fan like him even has his limits. However he did bring up a valid point being that the year old Xbox version looks better than this.

Now, I don't really care too much about graphics, but when it comes down to the fact that you release a game on a system that is supposely more powerful and graphics aren't on par, thats not very cool.

Of course I'm not siding with anybody here, its just one statement he made that I agree with being that a more powerful system should have better graphics than previous gen, I don't know what the graphics look like personally.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
And I also have a xbox360. I bought far cry for wii because I like using the wii controls.

I'm a hardcore FPS fan, and I have no doubt about the controls being better on the Wii even know I haven't played a FPS yet on my Wii. Just the fact that you use a wiimote to point and stuff is better.

xbandaidx said:
I'm a hardcore FPS fan, and I have no doubt about the controls being better on the Wii even know I haven't played a FPS yet on my Wii. Just the fact that you use a wiimote to point and stuff is better.

Wii and PC FPS are just better in general. This is why when bioshock comes out I'm going to get it for the PC and not X360.

vagrant said:
Wii and PC FPS are just better in general. This is why when bioshock comes out I'm going to get it for the PC and not X360.

Don't blame you, personally I can't stand playing FPS on console with traditional controllers, it bothers me. There were only a few exceptions to that though.

i picked this up before the wonderful review .. the first video .. well that was so crap. I have seen better on N64. Took me some time about 1/2 hour to get use to the controls compared to PC. But once i got use to it ... wow it is a load of fun. its true some of the graphics are not so good, but the water, and sun beams coming over the trees look fine to me, its not 360 or ps3 game, but i dont see that much difference compared to normal xbox. Controls are way better then red steel. I think its a fun port so far. 6.5 / 10 ... no multi and graphics could have been a little better. but fun factor .. 8/10.

wiibyte said:
i picked this up before the wonderful review .. the first video .. well that was so crap. I have seen better on N64. Took me some time about 1/2 hour to get use to the controls compared to PC. But once i got use to it ... wow it is a load of fun. its true some of the graphics are not so good, but the water, and sun beams coming over the trees look fine to me, its not 360 or ps3 game, but i dont see that much difference compared to normal xbox. Controls are way better then red steel. I think its a fun port so far. 6.5 / 10 ... no multi and graphics could have been a little better. but fun factor .. 8/10.

There is multiplayer ;/

vagrant said:

are you saying that you wouldn't want both? Plus having graphics *THAT* bad is unexceptable.

Personaly I only plan on buying games with both decent gameplay AND graphics as they do add just as much realism as the controllers do (not to say cartoony-mario graphics arn't fun too)

Anyway this game.... Far Cry failed with graphics and Red Steel failed with controllers (well, it's debatable)
Samus where are you!:yikes:

StevenNevets said:
are you saying that you wouldn't want both? Plus having graphics *THAT* bad is unexceptable.

Personaly I only plan on buying games with both decent gameplay AND graphics as they do add just as much realism as the controllers do (not to say cartoony-mario graphics arn't fun too)

Anyway this game.... Far Cry failed with graphics and Red Steel failed with controllers (well, it's debatable)
Samus where are you!:yikes:

I'm sorry you have shitty coordination. And no I could really care less if the graphics are super good. It's not online, I don't plan on playing the game over and over for years to come. It's a far cry game.

I dont understand why Matt was so hard on it....yeah it may have been rushed.The controls feel very nice and I think it the best FPS on the Wii so far!
Unfortunatley people you go to IGN for answers will pass this game, meaning there may not be any updates for Wii connect 24 bacause Ubisoft will feel that it isnt worth their time!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I cant wait for Gamespot's REVIEW!

Last edited:
Joe said:
I dont understand why Matt was so hard on it....yeah it may have been rushed.The controls feel very nice and I think it the best FPS on the Wii so far!
Unfortunatley people you go to IGN for answers will pass this game, meaning there may not be any updates for Wii connect 24 bacause Ubisoft will feel that it isnt worth their time!!!

Reviews will turn people away, that's true. But I'm probably going to rent this game at some point, and I think everybody should do that as well if they are skeptical about this game...You can't just throw a game to the side because of the reviews.

the_peripheral said:
Reviews will turn people away, that's true. But I'm probably going to rent this game at some point, and I think everybody should do that as well if they are skeptical about this game...You can't just throw a game to the side because of the reviews.

Thats exactly what Im planning on doing, I'll rent this game.

ign's score is pretty harsh for this game. if you read the review w/o looking @ the score, youd think the game would get a 5.5 or 6.0 at least.

doug52 said:
ign's score is pretty harsh for this game. if you read the review w/o looking @ the score, youd think the game would get a 5.5 or 6.0 at least.

Yeah, you would think so. Anyways from what I read, a lot of people are saying that Ubisoft did a great job with the controls at least, and wish it was in Red Steel.

Back