Extra Life Mushroom

Just That Great
Mar 7, 2007
In a world controlled by greed
Wii Online Code
3210-5733-2914-1432
I just had a random thought.

Since all hidden characters have the same requirement to unlock them
(meeting them in subspace emissary and getting them to join you)
and the events are scripted, there's really no way for that NOT to happen...unless of course you die and then retry.

So in THEORY you can unlock everyone within one play through of SSE. It sounds like the faster route to a full roster as opposed to countless VS matches. Although I'm sure the latter is the more enjoyable way to go about it.

It is awkward considering that some characters require 400+ Vc matches to unlock.

SSE is the quickest way easily.

well keep in mind there are secret doors that you might miss in the SSE that would lead to secret character

plus it takes about 8 hours to complete it, i'm thinking the other method of unlocking them is faster (since most characters have 3 different methods to unlock them)

Nope 400 matches easy, Just get someone put it on 1 stock and keep suiciding like crazy and you'll have everyone unlocked, This will hurt your fall stat though alot so make a fake name that you can delete later i would say.

SSE takes like 8 hours to finish and you dont even unlock everyone, 400 matches i would say could take about 1 hour -2 hours

mushroomedmario said:
well keep in mind there are secret doors that you might miss in the SSE that would lead to secret character

plus it takes about 8 hours to complete it, i'm thinking the other method of unlocking them is faster (since most characters have 3 different methods to unlock them)

No, on your first play through you auto unlock. After you finished it once 3 characters secret locations are added.

Once it is completed you can select any locations making it fairly easy.

I mean looking for a door is easier than doing 450 matches.

Cpt.McCloud said:
No, on your first play through you auto unlock. After you finished it once 3 characters secret locations are added.

Once it is completed you can select any locations making it fairly easy.

I mean looking for a door is easier than doing 450 matches.
yeah and i said the other method is easier

i.e. the third method to unlock captain falcon is to beat classic mode in less than 12 minutes, or you can unlock r.o.b. by getting 250 trophies

don't get me wrong, i'm going to unlock most(if not all) characters through the SSE, i just think it's faster to unlock the characters individually

mushroomedmario said:
yeah and i said the other method is easier

i.e. the third method to unlock captain falcon is to beat classic mode in less than 12 minutes, or you can unlock r.o.b. by getting 250 trophies

don't get me wrong, i'm going to unlock most(if not all) characters through the SSE, i just think it's faster to unlock the characters individually

I'm going to put my money on SSE.

You only need to find a door for three characters and those doors are pretty easy to find.

well im telling you all right now the easiest way to go about this. 450 1 stock vs matches where you suicide since it doesnt specify that you have to win the games. at the same time ill pick the certain guys that you need to play so many games with to unlock special maps. i havent heard of it as being proven to work but if it does ill have everyone in a matter of 3 hrs.

oh its already been said. oh well. thats how im trying it.

Lugia said:
well im telling you all right now the easiest way to go about this. 450 1 stock vs matches where you suicide since it doesnt specify that you have to win the games. at the same time ill pick the certain guys that you need to play so many games with to unlock special maps. i havent heard of it as being proven to work but if it does ill have everyone in a matter of 3 hrs.

oh its already been said. oh well. thats how im trying it.

450 matches unlocks one character....other methods for others.

NOOO THe matches stack so once you played 450 you have everyone unlcoked, Like ness takes 5 matches and
Wolf
takes 450 you dont need to do 5 + 450 to unlock nes and
wolf
you just need to play 450 matches to unlock them all thats it period.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify, you can unlock Sonic by, 10 Classic Mode, with different characters, Beat the SSE, I believe he's the last one to unlock in the SSE, and also X amount of VS matches, which is not going to my method, I'm going to play classics, and SSE, to unlock them all, I don't want to wait that long to unlock Sonic though, I'll do 10 Classics, anyone else think this is good?

PrinceLink said:
NOOO THe matches stack so once you played 450 you have everyone unlcoked, Like ness takes 5 matches and
Wolf
takes 450 you dont need to do 5 + 450 to unlock nes and
wolf
you just need to play 450 matches to unlock them all thats it period.

Please use spoiler tags! You're ruining the game for people.

Not all characters can be unlocked through stock matches.

Back