Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Graphic artifacts

I have what appear to be graphic artificacts that are intermittent in nature. They always appear in roughly the same spots on the screen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

gamecube loading problem

Hi,
I need some help here. I recently got Super Smash Bros Melee, and.. I can't play it.
I'm getting this when I try to load up the game...

"An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo Gamecube Instruction Booklet for further instructions." or something like that..

Anyone know how to fix this..? Someone said my Wii might be damaged.. :cryin:

ladyvixen said:
Anyone know how to fix this..? Someone said my Wii might be damaged.. :cryin:

you can still return the Wii to the store i believe, tell them that SSBM doesn't work on it, i'm sure they will get you another one, or you can always ask to test it here to see if SSBM will work on this new Wii.

I'm going to repeat my post because it seems people are overlooking it (my controllers have unsynched themselves twice now but it's a nothing issue to resync):

1. Face the remote so that it is within range of the sensor bar (essential it seems - ensure it can be detected by the sensor bar)
2. Press the sync button on the controller. The lights will flash.
3. While the lights are flashing and the remote is pointing at the sensor bar, press the sync button on the console.

No dramas. It seems that when you press sync on the controller it awaits a signal from the console, so you have about a 10 second time window. The important bit is (it seems) to FACE IT AT THE SENSOR BAR as per normal gaming conditions.

My controllers will not sync if they are not facing the sensor bar at the time of synching. You do NOT need to hold the sync buttons down on the both the remote and the console at the same time.
I seriously think though this is just a firmware issue that will be solved soon enough. In the meantime, some of us are just going to have to persevere with the issue (which is little more than an annoyance, as it's not stopping me from using the system or playing games).
Batteries only lasting 15 hours, let alone 3? I've probably had around 20 hours of play time with both my remotes and they've not even moved off the 'battery full' meter when you press the home button (the battery levels are shown down the bottom). I've found that the be one of the more impressive aspects of the system, as 60 hours of use out of 2 AAs is exceptional in my opinion.

TheWiggman said:
My controllers will not sync if they are not facing the sensor bar at the time of synching.

strange, because the "sync" is made with the bluetooth connection, normally you don't even have to put the wiimote to face the sensor bar.

i know i've done it countless times, only to "connect" my wiimote to the system and it was at 30cm beside the Wii, not even in front of the sensor bar.

Mine works fine, except I have a problem trying to get it online a couple times, I also get that Wiimote jumping around onscreen sometimes because of my lamp, I just moved it into a different room and had no problems, now for the online thing, is it possible that the Wii server ever goes down?

i tested connecting my Wiimote while the console is in my bedroom, and the Wiimote is in the living room, it's a good 8-10m between them, and it did connected, Bluetooth FTW :)

I had some issues with wiimote today , the cursor dissapearing on the left half of the screen. i tried alot of things , then to my dismay on the sensitivity screen i had not 2 dots , but a small galaxy of dots on the left side of the screen.

Ended up it was the sun shining in my living room window to the left of the TV. Simple solution , not sure if it mentions lightsource interfering with the wiimote in the manual but worth thinking about if your having minor wiimote issues.

nokia said:
I had some issues with wiimote today , the cursor dissapearing on the left half of the screen. i tried alot of things , then to my dismay on the sensitivity screen i had not 2 dots , but a small galaxy of dots on the left side of the screen.

Ended up it was the sun shining in my living room window to the left of the TV. Simple solution , not sure if it mentions lightsource interfering with the wiimote in the manual but worth thinking about if your having minor wiimote issues.

It actually does mention in the user manual that bright light can interfere with the Wii remotes operation

rattling noise

had my wii for 2 days now, 4/5 times it makes this ticking noise while playin a game, like wii sports or zelda, the faster cd starts spinning, faster the ticking goes
anyone else got this issue ? i just turn it in n get a new one or get it repaired n have to wait for nother age till its fixed?

jerre said:
had my wii for 2 days now, 4/5 times it makes this ticking noise while playin a game, like wii sports or zelda, the faster cd starts spinning, faster the ticking goes
anyone else got this issue ? i just turn it in n get a new one or get it repaired n have to wait for nother age till its fixed?
Wow, mine even fell and it still works, did that happen when you got it or did something happen?

happened when i got it, made that tickin sound from the start
tried layin it on the side etc but same noise
everything works fine, graphics are all good, load times are normal but that sound is just abnormal

Hi, im having a problem with mine too, the cursor motion on the main screen used to be reall smooth, but now it jerks and jumps from time ot time, i play zelda and theres no problem, smooth cursor, but red steel and wii sports are the same when the cursor is jerking and jumping, ive moved the sensor and changed the sensitivity, but still no joy. can anyone help please.

The only problem we are having is one wiimote. It is on p1 and my wife plays p1. When we play Wii Sports bowling, when she throws the ball it almost always spins off to the left. When playing golf sometimes the swing happens when she moves her arm back to swing. Apparently this has only happened with Wii Sports.

Back