favorite band?

Wiinoob said:
What is wrong with all of you people? Doesn't anyone listen to bands that aren't shitty sell outs that only do it for the money or gay emo bands? Jesus Christ people, get some good underground bands. 90% of the music on this thread are really gay bands.... really gay....
I think I forgot to put Queen on my list...

PaPeRoRPlAsTiC said:
dude you are awesome...
Tell me something I don't know.
Actually, I haven't yet seen Muse or The Matches live. I went to a Matches show last week, but my brother decided that since he already had his ticket we didn't need to get there on time and they sold out. Of course, he still got to go and said they were amazing; the douchebag.
I've heard that Muse is coming to my town in April, but they're coheadlining with My Chemical Romance :)sick: ). I'm still weighing the pros and cons of attending that show.

I did, however get to see Mute Math a little while back. They had 60 fluorescent lights behind them along with 10-15 extra stage lights as well. It was amazing.

I like a couple bands in my school (everyone can play some good old school guitar) and some AC/DC, rhcp (don't kill me emo haters) GH2 Trogdor, other videogame techno, LOTR soundtracks, maybe some sinatra. Hey, why not audio slave and coldplay(certain non-emo)? im pretty ecclectic

Last edited:
Meh, I was only going to do the top five bands, but what the hell, everyone else is writing everything they like:
Audioslave
Beck
Camper Van Beethoven
The Clash
DeVotchKa
Echo and The Bunnymen
Gorillaz
The Hives
Jeff Buckley
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Pixies
The Raconteurs
Red Hot Chili Peppers (but only old stuff)
The Refreshments
The Rolling Stones
Screaming Trees
Spoon
The Stone Roses
The Strokes
Sublime
Wolfmother

Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
Cheap Trick
Bob Segar
Lou Reed
Elton John
Guns N Roses
Screeching Weasel
Johnny Thunders
88 Fingers Louie
Black Flag
Misfits
Atom and his Package
Adam Ant
Bad company
John Lennon (though I'm not a big beatles fan)
Dead Kennedys
Alice Cooper

Just to name a few more of my fav bands...

Beethoven totally kicks ass, and Michael Giacchino is my favorite composer of our time.

Tom said:
Meh, I was only going to do the top five bands, but what the hell, everyone else is writing everything they like:
Audioslave
Beck
Camper Van Beethoven
The Clash
DeVotchKa
Echo and The Bunnymen
Gorillaz
The Hives
Jeff Buckley
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Pixies
The Raconteurs
Red Hot Chili Peppers (but only old stuff)
The Refreshments
The Rolling Stones
Screaming Trees
Spoon
The Stone Roses
The Strokes
Sublime
Wolfmother

Can't go wrong with some Pixies, Sublime, and The Clash. :thumbsup:

Wiinoob said:
What is wrong with all of you people? Doesn't anyone listen to bands that aren't shitty sell outs that only do it for the money or gay emo bands? Jesus Christ people, get some good underground bands. 90% of the music on this thread are really gay bands.... really gay....

Just because a band is underground doesn't make it good and just because a band is popular doesn't mean it automatically sucks. I love underground music, I rarely pay attention to the mainstream, but geez...learn to respect people's tastes dude.

Oh yeah and calling things gay is so cool.

En4Neo said:
Just because a band is underground doesn't make it good and just because a band is popular doesn't mean it automatically sucks. I love underground music, I rarely pay attention to the mainstream, but geez...learn to respect people's tastes dude.

Oh yeah and calling things gay is so cool.

I can't stand all these people that think they're cool just because they listen to emo music. And I wasn't calling it gay to try to be cool, i'm just tellin' it like it is.

Wiinoob said:
I can't stand all these people that think they're cool just because they listen to emo music. And I wasn't calling it gay to try to be cool, i'm just tellin' it like it is.

How do you know why they listen to the music they do? Sorry, but you're just assuming crap.

If I wanted to I could assume you just listen to underground music to sound cool and not mainstream, rather than actually liking the music.

En4Neo said:
How do you know why they listen to the music they do? Sorry, but you're just assuming crap.

If I wanted to I could assume you just listen to underground music to sound cool and not mainstream, rather than actually liking the music.

I don't like it to sound cool you ****ing dumbshit I like it because it is the only good music imo.

Misericordiam
Suicide Silence
As Blood Runs Black
Waking the Cadaver

ohhh and BONE THUGS!!

blueradio said:
Total crap. Just saying.
I really hate emo and screamo.
It barely qualifies as music.

hahahahahaha

thats your opinion, a lot of people will disagree with you

what the hell, you listen to modest mouse, of montreal, and the shins:wtf:

oh, and anyways, that stuff reall isnt emo????

Back