favorite band?

#5: Red Hot Chili Peppers
#4: Dave Matthews Band
#3: Incubus
#2: System of a Down

...and #1: Basement Jaxx!!!
"Simon and Felix never ceases to amuse me. From Red Alert to Hush Boy, their melodic, fun and bassy tracks are always amazing!"

you are a disgrace to the clash by combining it with sublime. smoke some weed or rock out but if your gonna be a ****ing hippie. dont make good music a joke.

Wiinoob said:
What is wrong with all of you people? Doesn't anyone listen to bands that aren't shitty sell outs that only do it for the money or gay emo bands? Jesus Christ people, get some good underground bands. 90% of the music on this thread are really gay bands.... really gay....
Constructive criticism is welcome. Your comments...nothxbye

Would you consider "Fall Out Boy" emo? I'm not familiar with the current genre and especially "emo," whatever it is...

I wouldn't consider bands like Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco to be entirely "emo, per se; but Fall Out Boy is crap live anyway so what does it matter?

gymdawg, your are an idiot. those two bands are def emo, if you dont like emo, then you can call them crybabies who need to stop putting dicks in their ass. they are horrible. you guys should try listening to bands that make music cos music is awesome, not bands that make music to show off their eyeliner on tv.

Lobstermobster said:
gymdawg, your are an idiot. those two bands are def emo, if you dont like emo, then you can call them crybabies who need to stop putting dicks in their ass. they are horrible. you guys should try listening to bands that make music cos music is awesome, not bands that make music to show off their eyeliner on tv.
Who cares what they sing for? I don't really give a **** as long as they have good music.

they arent really emo, barely, hawthorn heights is crap, ugh, they suck!

lobstermobster, you are way outta line, its only music, sheesh

Lobstermobster said:
you are a disgrace to the clash by combining it with sublime. smoke some weed or rock out but if your gonna be a ****ing hippie. dont make good music a joke.

You, sir, don't understand. I'm not a hippie. I love good music. I never joke with music. If you think that listening to Sublime somehow cheapens the Clash, something is severely wrong with your logic. Listening to bands that perfect their genre is what every music lover has a duty to do.

There aren't really any mainstream bands around today that are true emo...the term is thrown around so loosely now that it has no meaning...similar to the label of punk...

And on the topic of "underground" music...a lot of it sucks...

I can understand a certain aversion to anything mainstream because there's a watering down process that takes place if you want to make it big in the music business. In turn, the artistic integrity of the musicians is compromised so that they can appeal to the widest possible audience...

That's how the RIAA makes money...promote a select few artists and foist them onto the public...basically, most people are told what they like by the radio stations, most of which are owned by clear channel these days. The playlists are a joke...maybe 25 songs get 90% of the airtime...

But if you refuse to like ANYTHING popular, simply because it's popular, then you're missing the point of music...listen to what you like, don't listen to stuff because you think it makes you cool or gives you street-cred...

Not pointing any fingers, but the ignorant music snobs who go one endlessly about how they only listen to indie stuff and would never listen to something as pedestrian as the radio are really just pretentious and irritating...

haha its funny how "EMO" has become an insult now....its like calling someone gay....

Last edited:
ThatGuy127 said:
Uhh, I'd have to say Red Hot Chili Peppers. I just got into them about a month before they released Stadium Arcadium. They are definitely my favorite band. Right behind The Mars Volta. There's quite a list on my MySpace, but I don't feel like lookin at it.

ThatGuy127, you are now my best online friend.

^^^I'd have to agree with him that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the best..then The Mars Volta.

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
they arent really emo, barely, hawthorn heights is crap, ugh, they suck!

lobstermobster, you are way outta line, its only music, sheesh

yeah but i love music, good music.

and for the person above, no eye liner is not all i think about i wear tight pants too so i dont care what they wear im just saying all they do is try to look pretty for their music videos and cry like girls in their songs.

Back