favorite band?

Lobstermobster said:
gymdawg, your are an idiot...
Dumbass.

As far as I'm concerned, all music should be a little "emo". Seriously, who wants to waste their time listening to senseless, emotionless dribble? I'm not saying that that screamo "bleed my wrists dry for Christmas" crap is okay, but don't trash 90% of all music because you think it's "emo".
By your [idiotic] standards, bands like Weezer and Jimmy Eat World would both be lost to the "emo" sub-genre.

gymdawg has a point, after all music, like poetry, has a tendency to either be about love or something else the poet/songwriter (ah hell their the same thing) feels strongly about.
However I think many "new emo" bands (fall out boy, P!atD, and the like) ARE the essence of emotionless dribble, BECAUSE they are painfully sold-out. They aren't real. They're not emotional.
I shame my anti-Emo ways by liking an emo band (the honorary title), but it's because they're good. I hate dashboard confessionals, but not because the music inherently sucks cause it's "emo," I just can't stand Chris Carrabba's nasty-ass voice.
But the point is, emo doesn't suck, sold-out bands generally suck because they are popular. Unfortunatly for those who don't like it, "new emo" is currently popular and therefore has forerunners who are sold-out. Thus they suck. they may be fun to listen too (for some of you people I'll throw that in), but it doesn't take away from the fact that they're not very good.
sorry, just my opinion and rational for the fact that many people hate emo.

My turn to be made fun of

ANTHRAX - CDC fan club (Proud) Member
Slayer
Megadeth
Exodus
Kreator
Vio-lence
Overkill
Testament
Destruction
Strapping Young Lad
Pantera
Candlemass
Trouble
Shadows fall
Iron Maiden
Nuclear Assault
Black Sabbath
Onslaught

And a ****load of others. \m/

Metalthrashingmark said:

ANTHRAX CDC fan club (Proud) Member
Slayer
Megadeth
Exodus
Kreator
Vio-lence
Overkill
Testament
Destruction
Strapping Young Lad
Pantera
Candlemass
Trouble
Shadows fall
Iron Maiden
Nuclear Assault
Black Sabbath
Onslaught

dude hell yeah!! speaking of Pantera, I share the same birthday as Dimebag Darrell... not that you care, but that's the closest to fame I'll ever get.

Metalthrashingmark said:

ANTHRAX - CDC fan club (Proud) Member
Slayer
Megadeth
Exodus
Kreator
Vio-lence
Overkill
Testament
Destruction
Strapping Young Lad
Pantera
Candlemass
Trouble
Shadows fall
Iron Maiden
Nuclear Assault
Black Sabbath
Onslaught

You got some good bands in there :D

My favorite band has to be Trivium though.

If anyone should be mad about music it's me, no electronica music fans whatsoever here. What has the world come to?!

music, serious business.

Teeeoooom.jpg

Fun with the make your own Mii website and Paintshop. I made a few others.

fistpittingnork said:
Oh I was just kidding around with ya.

I wear tight pants too, but there's a difference between tight pants and girl pants.

nah, used to wear striaght leg girl pants till found a site that has good straight leg guy pants.

damn doods. go to www.angryyoungandpoor.com they got everything you need. i used to get lipservice jeans but they discontinued the style, so i suggest getting the NoFuture peglegged. best jeans ever, thats all i wear. but if you like more of a tight fit but not all the way down to your ankles go for the NYC TRIPP pants.

Back