Favorite Book/Series

i loved the davinci code, it took me a while to understand but i was worth it

mushroomedmario said:
oh roight forgot about Tolkien, him too...

i hate reading shakespeare, his plays are meant to be watched not read... that's not how shakespeare wanted it...(im' not sure if he wrote books so if you're talking about any books he might have written...forgive my stupidity)

Closer language analysis study of Shakespeare can discover meanings you might have missed in the plays... But I hated learning Shakespeare too, Hamlet was slightly interesting but everything else practically bored me to death.

I don't read, I don't even know why I'm here.

+1 for the Orson Scott Card folks, outstanding stuff - ditto on the Douglas Adams Hitchhiker works.

I'm a huge fan of Neil Gaimen (Neverwhere, American Gods, Stardust, Good Omens w/ Pratchett).

Everything from Harlan Ellison from his TV essays to his speculative fiction (can't even list anything he's way too prolific).

B.E. Elliss, Palahniuk, Alan Moore, all the classic fantasy and SciFi writers like Zelazny (9 Princes), Heinlein (I read Starship Troopers when I was 10), Moorcock, Clarke, etc.

Philip K. Dick I'd consider the finest Politcal/SciFi writer to date.

Some one off reading from folks like Gustav Hasford (the amazing 'The Short Timers').

Dozens of others I'm sure I'm forgetting!

Byuakuya said:
I think my favourite series of books would have to be the His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman.

Ive wanted to read these books foa a long time but never got hold of them .

So will you be getting "The Golden Compass " game thats out soon ? (based on the books)

My favorite author right now is Chuck Palahniuk. Might not be so good for the younger crowd, but everything he has done is amazing. His most famous is Fight Club. I just finished Haunted, which was solid, but my favorite might be Survivor. I also really like reading biographies and autobiographies.

TacosTacos said:
My favorite author right now is Chuck Palahniuk. Might not be so good for the younger crowd, but everything he has done is amazing. His most famous is Fight Club. I just finished Haunted, which was solid, but my favorite might be Survivor. I also really like reading biographies and autobiographies.

I listed Palahniuk back in my post as well - Survivor is pretty outstanding - we were in NYC when he was touring in support of Stranger Than Fiction, and almost braved the line/people, but bailed, but it would have been neat to see him.

The Bartimaeus Trilogy (Jonathan Stroud)
Ender's Game (Orson Scott)
Artemis Fowl Series (Eoin Colfer)
Supernaturalist (Eoin Colfer)
Sabriel (Garth Nix)
Eragon/Eldest (Christopher Paolini)

Some others as well..

TacosTacos said:

I finished Haunted yesterday. Made my skin crawl.

2 sieies that i couldent stop reading were:

Dragon keeper series and the percy jackson and the olympians siries.

Book series:
Frank Millers: Sin City
Bourne Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatium
Harry Potter 5-7.

I just recently started to read the comics but I've been a fan of the movie since it's inception, and seeing the special features as to how closely the movies based out of the comics (which it is) I thought I'd read them. Truly amazing.

God is NOT Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens.

Back