Favorite Rapper/Hip Hop Artist

Dzapper

Akatsuki Assassin
Sep 3, 2007
Morehouse College
Wii Online Code
4627-4261-3182-4550
Well I saw the favorite Band thread and I decided to see what kind of rappers you guys listen to. Anyway my favorite rapper is Lupe Fiasco, he has a lot of purpose to his lyrics and is probably the most inspirational MC in the game today. Plus he uses a higher level of vocabulary than most rappers.(Side note:I saw a word Lupe used on the SAT, Emaculate)

JAKE196 said:
Weird Al Yankovic :lol:
LOL! However he did show a pretty good flow in that parody of Chamillionaire's "Ridin Dirty". He actually isn't half bad, but I don't consider him a rapper. Very funny though:lol: :lol:

im into older stuff like de la soul or a tribe called quest

Fave hip hop tune ever is probly
young mc -- know how
or rappers delight --sugar hill gang

kanye west is great

50 cent used to be, not so much anymore

ooo and dizzee rascal come up with sum hysterical stuff

mr wii said:
kanye west is great

50 cent used to be, not so much anymore

ooo and dizzee rascal come up with sum hysterical stuff
Yeah, I think after "The Massacre" 50 cent died. Which is sorta symbolic considering it was a massacre on his career.

Kayne West hands down, the only rap/hip-hop artist I actually listen to.

RivalDestiny said:
Kayne West hands down, the only rap/hip-hop artist I actually listen to.
I believe a lot of people will say Kanye West, because even though he is a hip-hop artist at heart, he takes a lot of influence from rock music and classic jazz in his beats and melodies.

Kanye West, though not necessarily "hands down" for me. I still listen to Eminem's Greatest Hits album to this day, along with a few songs from Lil Wayne and P. Diddy on my iPod's Most Played playlist. Usually anything Timbaland helps build is pretty good, too.

I like rap, but I have a really hard time finding consistent artists that put together albums that are good from start to finish (Kanye West's last album probably being the only "full" album I sorta enjoyed). Most of the time I just enjoy 1 or 2 tracks, then the rest of the album is pretty much trash. I especially have a dislike for those that must put "skits" on their cd's just to fill up space.

Eminem is the true rapper here, since almost every other rapper just says "oh" "what?!" "ok!" instead of actually talking/singing, that or they do it too slow.

Back