Favorite Rapper/Hip Hop Artist

alright about time...good thread Dzapper...but lupe fiasco?? u gotta be kiddin.
Greatest rapper of all time is Biggie hands down, and i only say that cuz im from BK too...lol..but honestly he is. But Tupac was excellent as well, very poetic.

Now for the whole Kanye and 50 thing...1st off it was to sell records, i mean they tour together along with Jay Z. And Kanye as a "rapper" does not even come close to 50...50 is far more talented then kanye....listen to the lyrics not just the hook....thats wat people are so hooked on now a days is the hook. Lyrics and puttin it together smoothly is wat makes a great song.

Last edited:
My favorite mainstream artist would be Tupac, but he's dead, so I'd have to go with Bone Thugs. I hardly listen to mainstream, so my real top artist would goto Jedi Mind Tricks, aka Army of the Pharaohs. AZ is also a brilliant rapper.. ever since Doe Or Die and A.W.O.L.

Esco27 said:
My favorite mainstream artist would be Tupac, but he's dead, so I'd have to go with Bone Thugs. I hardly listen to mainstream, so my real top artist would goto Jedi Mind Tricks, aka Army of the Pharaohs. AZ is also a brilliant rapper.. ever since Doe Or Die and A.W.O.L.
very good taste in Jedi Mind Tricks

NaS, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Slick Rick, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, in no specific order. I'm surprised nobody has said Lil' Wayne yet. Ironically enough, I thought his name would be all over this thread, good to see that it's not though (T.I. either)...

SouthPaw26 said:
NaS, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Slick Rick, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, in no specific order. I'm surprised nobody has said Lil' Wayne yet. Ironically enough, I thought his name would be all over this thread, good to see that it's not though (T.I. either)...
LOL! Of course not! People here at Wiichat are sophisticated, we don't soil our ears by listening to Lil.Wayne LOL!

I hate almost all rap, but there is some I like.

Toby Mac is good.
"White and Nerdy" from Weird Al is awesome!
Fresh Prince theme is cool.
Apache from The Sugar hill Gang is nice.

Dzapper said:
LOL! Of course not! People here at Wiichat are sophisticated, we don't soil our ears by listening to Lil.Wayne LOL!

Ahh, that's what I like to hear!!!

DMX
Lupe Fiasco FNF up
Kanye West

The 3best

DMX
Lupe Fiasco FNF up
Kanye West

The 3best

well i have way more den 1 soo im state a few First will have to be Mos Def ...disgusting only word to describe him if you havent heard him ur missing out ...Common....Lupe and all REAL HIP HOP meaning back in the day all these new cats are ass :yesnod: sorry but its the truth...and im on the same page with u about LUDA but i liked him more b4 wen the braids wore still about.

to be honest im suprised noones said immortal technique, hes not well known you cant buy his stuff you have to download it. The lyrics make you think and send out a message. Try downloading "dance with the devil" one of his best songs, send me a message if you like it

Old school snoop
Dr. Dre
Jurassic 5
Mos Def
Some 36 Mafia
Biz Markie
Cyprus Hill

I don't really like most modern day rap, they just repeat the same thing over and over again.

Back