Favorite Rapper/Hip Hop Artist

Wiired that track is sick, Andre3000 has been tearin it up latly, even in the 1st verse of UGK - Int'l Players Anthem

Last edited:
Bliss said:
Wiired that track is sick, Andre3000 has been tearin it up latly, even in the 1st verse of UGK - Int'l Players Anthem
Agreed, fellas been tearing up for ages (you probably noticed) but alot of people never really heard of him before the likes of Hey Ya :|

An example - Da Art of Storytellin' (Pt. 2):

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=05kKTrT31yg[/media]
(not sure if videos work like this :/ so link is here):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=05kKTrT31yg

Lyrics to Dre's verse:

Yea yea yea yeah yah yo
Baby did you hear that yea baby I heard it too
Look out the window golly the sky is electric blue
Mamma Earth is dyin and cryin because of you
Rainin cats and jackles all shackles disintegrate, to residue
Silly mortals haven't a clue
as to what the **** is goin on
I'm on the telephone, dialin the Dungeon
"Hello?" This Dre, bring the MP and the SP
Meet me at the center of the earth and travel carefully
Baby grab the baby cause baby it ain't much time
Mamma Earth is tossin and turnin and that's our sign
Omega ***** IFO's are landin in Decatur
Hope I'm not over your head but if so you will catch on later
Play the track, guess she could not take it anymo'
Rapin her heavenly body like a hoe, coochie so'
from niggaz constantly ****in her never lovin her never showin
ppreciation bustin nuts in her face when they done

Sucha slept on verse.

I got a mate who doesn't like Hip-hop, but likes this song - some non-hiphop fans may like it..

yea thats a classic right there..

one of my favorite songs of all time is Biggie feat. Bob Marley

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5PjU03gqOA[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
its hard to pick a favorite..hmmm..well it comes down to Nas and Tupac, but youll find a bunch of wu tang on my ipod, odb specifically. but nas and pac fill up most of the 8 gigs :lol:

hey Wiired and Jay, you guys been to any shows, concerts or battles?

i've seen Funk Master Flex a dozen times in Avalon its a club he throws partys in.

I've seen Jay Z, Nas, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli.

Been to 2 Hot 97 (its a radio station in NYC) concerts, they have dozens of artists in one concert.

Bliss said:
hey Wiired and Jay, you guys been to any shows, concerts or battles?

i've seen Funk Master Flex a dozen times in Avalon its a club he throws partys in.

I've seen Jay Z, Nas, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli.

Been to 2 Hot 97 (its a radio station in NYC) concerts, they have dozens of artists in one concert.
Am I allowed to say who I've seen or? :p

I haven't seen anyone in a while, so these were a few years ago now, but I've been to Kanye twice, DMX, Snoop Dogg with Supafly (where Game opened - awesome!), D12, and I was supposed to see Eminem but it got cancelled, then 50 decided to make up for it and had one himself, and brought along basically everyone involved in G-Unit - Young Buck, Lloyd Banks, Olivia, M.O.P, Mobb Deep, Spider Loc, errm I think that was it. It was rather good though, they all were.

Lewi T said:
Am I allowed to say who I've seen or? :p

I haven't seen anyone in a while, so these were a few years ago now, but I've been to Kanye twice, DMX, Snoop Dogg with Supafly (where Game opened - awesome!), D12, and I was supposed to see Eminem but it got cancelled, then 50 decided to make up for it and had one himself, and brought along basically everyone involved in G-Unit - Young Buck, Lloyd Banks, Olivia, M.O.P, Mobb Deep, Spider Loc, errm I think that was it. It was rather good though, they all were.

ofcourse you can :lol:...didnt seem like a lot of people here like hip hop thats why i only asked them, but glad u enjoy it also.
That is a nice list of people u have seen, i would have loved to see Kanye and Snoop

Woah, you fellas are lucky, especially you Bliss :|
Not many amazing artists come to the UK, and every time they do I always fail to book in time for a London show. Me and a mate went to book a Mos Def show last Summer and failed..
Only artists I've seen are The Mitchell Brothers (UK rap group - they're alright..)
Also not a G-Unit fan myself..
Nice one lads.

yea i am fortunate enough to live in Brooklyn and Mos Def and Common are always just showing at ramodom spots either speakin there poetry of actually performing.

My boy holds a party called "Spoken Word" where u resite ur poetry infront of a lot of people..a lil scary at first...i've done it twice, never won, but just fun to do...just fun and educational to hear these amazing people and there words.

Bliss said:
ofcourse you can :lol:...didnt seem like a lot of people here like hip hop thats why i only asked them, but glad u enjoy it also.
That is a nice list of people u have seen, i would have loved to see Kanye and Snoop
Yeah I've noticed not many people here like hip-hop, oh well.
I'd love to see more, but being in England (and more precisely Liverpool) it's often hard to find concerts other than those of the more mainstream artists if you like.

Bliss said:
yea i am fortunate enough to live in Brooklyn and Mos Def and Common are always just showing at ramodom spots either speakin there poetry of actually performing.

My boy holds a party called "Spoken Word" where u resite ur poetry infront of a lot of people..a lil scary at first...i've done it twice, never won, but just fun to do...just fun and educational to hear these amazing people and there words.
Damn, would love to go to Brooklyn just for that reason.
Like Def Poetry Jam? :p post some of your stuff! (if you write that is)

And yeah I agree Lewi T, I live in Kent, closest place is London, and it's only the mainest of the mainstream around these parts.. (cept the odd lucky concerts).

Check this out this is a vid from a guy named Black Ice, to me he is one of the sickest poets out there right now. This is him at Russel Simmons "Def Poetry jam"

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SY7pM8k8moY&feature=related[/MEDIA]

Wiired said:
Wow. Just wow. I'm white (pretty sure you fellas are too) and I really felt what he was saying :| gotta love DJP.
Any of you guys ever write lyrics?
I completely agree! I too really felt what he was saying, that guy is brilliant.
I can't say I write lyrics though, I'm thinking Bliss may give us something however?

Back