Favorite Rapper/Hip Hop Artist

Tech N9ne has been my mainstay lately. I was checking out a few of his new tracks coming out on his "Killer" album set to release in July and I'm liking 'em.

Well JCpacker...first ur a packer fan so u suck :lol: j/k im a viking fan... i already had ur answer typed a few pages back as to why rap in general.

Bliss said:
ok Frummage i see ur point and though i am not a huge "rap" fan i can argue for it.

First off the lyrics u post there is "rap" which is pure garbage...look at the real side of it "Hip Hop" which is not a genre of music. Its a culture or a belief system that was birthed out of a desire to manifest one's self in a society that was deemed unfair to African-American's in the early 1970's.

I myself being "white" and having grown up in Brooklyn NY, home to A LOT of hip hop artists, i grew fond of the art growing up.

Hip-Hop taught the youth, and still teaches indirectly, that you can be who you want to be in the sense of not being what people want you to be. That has a certain truth to it, but if taken the wrong way, it turns into rebellion against basic laws and truths that govern our society as a whole (which is why so many kids think today "rap" is all about packin heat and sellin drugs and pimpin hoes). Hip-Hop began to change the very appearance of its followers by creating a look, a way of governing yourself, and a language that should be spoken. What this created was a subculture of our American culture, and it caused our youth to go against the basic pattern of society and manifest their own will regardless of what it cost them socially and spiritually. It is basically the samething as you a "hardcore" person is. You have ur own way of dressing, acting and beliefs.

Believe it or not Hip Hop is an art, a Poem, a drawing on a wall, the way someone dresses.

In my honest opinon, i would choose hip hop over hardcore that you listen to. cuz first off i can understand what the artist is saying and second i can relate to it better even though i am white, because i grew up in Brooklyn, NY. People are quick to judge the face of it all, but if you actually take the time to get to know the "culture" it is a wonderful thing.

^^^ thats one smart man right dere :D
and thats the damn post i was lookin for before, Mikey..lol

anyway...i lovin these Lyics by Jigga man

Jigga Man said:
My President Is Black
In Fact,
He's Half-White
So Even In A Racist Mind, He's Half-Right
So If You Got A Racist Mind, You Be Alright*
My President Is Black, But His +House+ Is All +White+
Rosa Parks Sat So Martin Luther Could Walk
Martin Luther Walked So Barack Obama Could Run
Barack Obama Ran So All The Children Could Fly
So I'ma Spread My Wings, You Can Meet Me In The Sky
I Already Got My Own Clothes, Already Got My Own Shoes
I Was Hot
Before Barack
Imagine What I'm Gon' Do
Hello Miss America
Hey Pretty Lady,
Red, White, And Blue Flag, Wave For Me, Baby
Never Thought I'd Say This ****
Baby, I'm Good
You Can Keep Your +Puss+
I Don't Want No More +Bush+ (****)
No More War, No More Iraq
No More White Lies, The President Is Black!

Mr. West of coarse

Also a fan of Jay-Z and Eminems older stuff.

And Deltron

That man done lost his mind :/

'cause he lost his girlllll /:

also one of my favourite chorus' of all time:

When day comes, and night falls
and for the rest of our lifes we'll miss y'all
And even though life must go on, we still mourn
while wishing y'all were home

can i please have a moment of silence?

I'd have to say that the most influential rapper is 2pac; I'd also have to say that 2pac is my most favorite rapper :thumbsup: Basically any rapper that can address social issues is great for me. Just to name a few good rappers out there: Nas, Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Jay-Z (his early albums), Eminem, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Immortal Technique.

mainstream:Eminem, 2pac, biggie, the game
But eminem at the 3rd behind biggie and pac cause hes got a reason to rap not just say stuff like other rappers like pop champagne and all that sexual and obsessive stuff.
Hate all the sexuality in rap 2day.
Underground:I love underground rappers, they can make sense and most do it for the love not for the money
MURS
Public Enemy
and most rappers in the tony hawks underground playlist

Back