favorite RPG

By far Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion.

It's just so so awesome, the only main thing that could be better is the character design and some of the animation, but everything else is truelly beautiful and the world feels very realistic and huge. I also love the amount of freedom and how it doesn't force you to stick to the main quest.

En4Neo said:
By far Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion.

It's just so so awesome, the only main thing that could be better is the character design and some of the animation, but everything else is truelly beautiful and the world feels very realistic and huge. I also love the amount of freedom and how it doesn't force you to stick to the main quest.
Oblivion is good. I bought it and it is really fun but it got old pretty fast. I could play Final Fantasy all day every day and never get tired of it. If only I had enough free time to do that. :frown2:

Golden sun 1 & 2 and final fantasy 7 they booth the best

paintba||er said:

Oblivion is good. I bought it and it is really fun but it got old pretty fast. I could play Final Fantasy all day every day and never get tired of it. If only I had enough free time to do that. :frown2:

I'm the opposite, lol.

I can understand how it gets old, but I could also understand how FF gets old faster.

Don't get me wrong FF series used to be my favorite RPG series, until I played Oblivion that is.

They are very different though, it's kind of a question of do you prefer linear or wide open games, or in other words JRPGs or WRPGs.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King by far! It was truly one of the best games I've ever played and brought a lot of great memories. It was HUGE in Japan...but sadly it wasnt regonized enough in America...but if you love RPGs and you have a PS2, I strongly recommend you to pick this up if you havent! Great story, great battle system, and beautiful worlds to explore...not to mention all of the side quests their are...and they are fun!

dq8screen2.jpg

The worlds are massive and very very pretty

dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king-20050518054509630.jpg

Landscape2.jpg

Check out IGN's reveiw...ect.
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/496/496303.html

By the way great thread....its really odd that it wasnt already made....

Last edited:
Napalmbrain said:
Phantasy Star IV

Alyis dies
But better than Aires
I weaped
THen kicked Zios arse SHE WAS HOT

Brady280 said:
My favorite if final fantasy 9

I absolutely HATED 9! It just wasn't very fun, at all. I beat it with my players at like lvl 60. That's just not right.

FF8 was my favorite, and the Golden Sun series is a very close second. Chrono Trigger was rather fun too.

Besides the fact that I morally hate this genre, my favorite would be the Lord of the Rings: the Third Age, followed closely by Paper Mario: ATYD and Willow for NES. There is not many other RPG's I have actually played.

Nfanboy said:
Final fantasy SUCKS.

Golden Sun: The Lost Age was very fun, but Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is amazingly awsome.

It didnt ask what you thought of that game, it said what your faviorite Rpg is, no one cares what u think so shut the f**k up and learn to read.

Final Fantasy easy, 8,9,10 and 12, all outstanding, cant decide and the graphics own, thats what makes games in my opinion, along with a great story-line.

argh you just had to get me started..V.V

Golden Sun (what happened to them? I thought they were making a sequel) (GBA)
Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Tales of Abyss (PS2)
Tales of Destiny (PS1 Import)
Baten Kaitos (GC)
Shining Force (NES)
Earthbound (NES)
Tales of Legendia (PS2)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2)
Xenosaga 1 & 2 (PS2)
Super Paper Mario (GC)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)
Final Fantasy 7 & 9 (hated 8) (PS1)
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (PS2)
//.Hack Series (wish they'd have online) (PS2)
Grandia 1 (NES? I forgot)
Dragon Quest 8 and Rocket Slime (PS2 and DS)
X-men Legends 1 (GC)
Phantasy Star (Gamecube Online, Offline sucked) (GC)
Lunar Knights FTW (DS)
Skies of Arcadia (GC)
Baldur's Gate (GC)

That's it

~Rival

Last edited:
Back