Favorite Sniper rifle?

Eh...I don't know how you can base an opinion of weapons off of a video game such as COD4..Sure you can learn basic knowledge like the caliber or the range or the accuracy but what does it matter until you've pulled the trigger yourself?

ARav989 said:
Eh...I don't know how you can base an opinion of weapons off of a video game such as COD4..Sure you can learn basic knowledge like the caliber or the range or the accuracy but what does it matter until you've pulled the trigger yourself?
someone can know everything about a gun, the only thing pulling its trigger does is let you know how it feels when shot.

Love me the barrett m82!!!

One of the reasons being because it brings me back to the days I used to play America's Army. Got a hold of the gun on a bridge map & was picking people off like crazy, then I needed to make room on my computer... :(

Last edited:
Foosoo said:
It would probably break your shoulder if you shot it standing up. :lol:

50 cal's arn't anything "crazy" if your use to large load guns. Specially the M82, its nasty sure, but not nearly the worst 50 cal. I've ever shot. Worst "kick" still has to be in the large load shotgun family 2 gauge and bigger. Rifles have always had a pretty clean recoil to them you just have to get use to it in the first couple. Large shotguns just kick your arse every time!

My uncle had me try his 2 guage out when I was 10 years old had a black and blue sholder for a month! It knocked me back into him and him back into the house 4 feet behind us "290 lb man". Talk about ouch! ha ha

Besides that no way a 50 cal for sniper rifle. Sure its got the range and power but its not used for sniping at all! Thats the gun you use to take an engine out of a truck not one target a.k.a sniping It's a scare gun and it does an excellent job at that!

For real sniping in any form for me would be the good ole M40 .308-.338 heavy modified and when you figure in the weight, range,accuracy, not to mention it can be customized to suit your specific needs, that would be my 1st choice with what is out today. Not sure who makes the best modified sniper versions of it i've only shot the plain jane Army M24 version so far,but still would be my first choice from what I have seen of the different versions out. Good luck ever getting an invite to shoot a marine snipers gun. :lol: or any gun a marine owns for that matter

2nd would be the in-between guns like the .408 chey or the smaller version of the 50cal barrets the .416 barret... Haven't had a chance to shoot eaither yet but seen them in action. Seem to be the differance between "overkill" and "perfect kill" still pretty heavy guns.

Last edited:
I already answered this question in the "Favorite Weapon" thread, but it is the CheyTac M200.

Specifically designed .408 round for their rifle.

cheytac-1.jpg

shooterrifle.jpg

I don't know why I read this entire thread. I know nothing about guns and have no interest really. I think it was just amazement at how much you guys know about guns that kept me reading. ;)

Haha, yea there are a few members who border on obsession with firearms. I personally just appreciate them and am glad I've been educated on safety and responsibility with using firearms.

i watched future weapons 2 on the discovery channel the other day or maybe it was some other weeps show on the big D but the guy tested out the newest sniper rifle holy fudge this thing hit it's targets so well it had all the sensors that helps you pick distance and all that jazz it hit a target 3 out of 3 shots and it took them 30 mins to drive to the target and they shot at another target that was 1 hour away and it hit 1 out of 3 shots it was bolt action thats all i remember

Sovieto said:
someone can know everything about a gun, the only thing pulling its trigger does is let you know how it feels when shot.

That's like taking sex ed and saying you should be a sex expert. :scared:

i watched future weapons 2 on the discovery channel the other day or maybe it was some other weeps show on the big D but the guy tested out the newest sniper rifle holy fudge this thing hit it's targets so well it had all the sensors that helps you pick distance and all that jazz it hit a target 3 out of 3 shots and it took them 30 mins to drive to the target and they shot at another target that was 1 hour away and it hit 1 out of 3 shots it was bolt action thats all i remember

AHAHAHAHA bolt-action howitzer maybe. >_<

Where does the topic say we need them? If you can find that anywhere in this thread, besides your post, I'll address it.

Last edited:
the m-200 has only had testing from the maker and if it was not for the t.v. show no one would know about it we have a .454 we are doing great things with and the 408 will not rist to the top.

the best sniper gun of all is the 700 hands down Why? MOA.

but if you are going to build a system may i suggest horus to you if you like the idea of the M-200 go to horusvision.com they have a great optic system for $2,381.00

Back