Ff13

MasterJedi2U said:
Why? FF was on Nintendo before it even came to Playstation. So to me its just an old friend coming home...albeit one that I didn't bother getting to know because it didn't interest me a few years ago like it does now.

I really dont think you will see FF13 on the Wii. PC definately, PS3 definately, 360 possibly. The wii, no so much. Theres too much of a large gap between the wii and the other systems.

FF13 will most likely be a PC and Sony title though due to size of the game. Im not sure they will go the multiDvD rout though entirely possible.

Uh you keep on thinking that. Nintendo could easily get this game. Its already got the fanbase and millions of Wii owners who would get this the first day it came out. Its all about money and if Square Enix is smart they'll realize that BOTH Nintendo and Microsoft will make them a lot of money if they put the game out for both consoles. Its not really a stretch at all and what gap are you talking about? Technology? Theres a gap but I highly doubt it will be a factor.

MasterJedi2U said:
Uh you keep on thinking that. Nintendo could easily get this game. Its already got the fanbase and millions of Wii owners who would get this the first day it came out. Its all about money and if Square Enix is smart they'll realize that BOTH Nintendo and Microsoft will make them a lot of money if they put the game out for both consoles. Its not really a stretch at all and what gap are you talking about? Technology? Theres a gap but I highly doubt it will be a factor.

You are such a fanboy lol. There might be the market for it, but that wont change the hardware. Wii is already getting FF game. It wont be FF13 though.

In the end, it still boils down to the fact that the french guy said that it was under discussion. Theres no garanteee that it wont be an exclusive. The chances of it being an exlcusive are higher than it not being one. If not, then it will come out on PC and PS3 for sure. possible for 360.

Im not trashing the wii, i have one and enjoy it, but i am being honest about it.

You know how DS is getting its own version of FF12, I'm guessing it'll be the same with this FF13 stuff.

This news is probably just about the 360 getting its own ff13, but not exactly the main ff13 people will be expecting. For example it's like FFX-2 coming to the xbox, but that's not exactly the same thing as FFX on the Ps2.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout your only defense isn't sales figures, or facts, it's lengthy drawn out insults calling everyone kids and fanboys. I stated a fact, FF7 sold a great deal of copies for the PS1. You sound like a plant by a major company. Get over yourself and the idea you know what you're talking about.

sagema said:
Shiftfallout your only defense isn't sales figures, or facts, it's lengthy drawn out insults calling everyone kids and fanboys. I stated a fact, FF7 sold a great deal of copies for the PS1. You sound like a plant by a major company. Get over yourself and the idea you know what you're talking about.

No, you said that FF7 was what put the playstation on the map. Theres a big difference, I responded by saying they sold a lot of games, but they did not purely put it on the map. Need a reminder?
Shiftfallout you write too much. Sony themselves admit Square put the PS1 on the map with FF7. Get your point across in fewer words like me.
Dont forget, you called me out first. You brought this upon yourself.
sagema said:

My defense? Why would i need a defense to point out the stupid stuff you say. You keep calling me out, therefore If you cant compete with facts, then do yourself a favor and get smart. Its funny because you start complaining everytime i type a huge post, as if it some how physically hurts you. Grow up. Since you seem so eager to get me to respond, i will gladly humble you again if you wish.

The success of the playstation goes way back to when nintendo teamed up with sony to produce a cd based system. Sony already had some of their hardware in the snes, and nintendo was eager to join forces with sony. The snes cd was announced. Strangely enough, something very taboo happened in japan. Nintendo betrayed and broke contract with Sony and abandoned the project. The next day after doing this they announced a partnership with Phillips, a European based company. This was considered a betrayal and a bad move by many japanese.

When Sony announced they would continue alone with the project, many japanese game developers were more than eager to make games for Sony and not nintendo. You can see this in the titles released for the n64. Sony had gained in popularity due to what Nintendo did by breaking contract.

In 1994 when the playstation was released, Namco had a lot of games lined up for Sonys launch. Each game sold extremely well with the launch, and were quite popular. They also had plans for making sequels to all the namco games released.

Over a million units sold in japan alone. A large selection of popular games.

THREE YEARS LATER.

1997, Final Fantasy 7 is released on the playstation. It was a widely popular game.

Before FF7, Sony was already doing extremely well.

SO... now do you regret bringing attention to yourself? Are you going to still stick by your statement that if it wasnt for FF7 that the playstation wouldnt be on the map?

hmmmmmm?

You keep saying i dont know what im talking about, but in fact thats your defense to saying stupid things. If you are going to continually call me out, be ready to be humbled kid. Dont blame me. You brought this upon yourself.
:hand:

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
Why? FF was on Nintendo before it even came to Playstation. So to me its just an old friend coming home...albeit one that I didn't bother getting to know because it didn't interest me a few years ago like it does now.

I know it was Nintendo, but I've played from 6 - 12, which are on Playstation... That's pretty much why.

Celestial said:
I know it was Nintendo, but I've played from 6 - 12, which are on Playstation... That's pretty much why.

That's a wierd reason, but hey it's not my money wasted!

Celestial said:
:eek: You cannot put "Final Fantasy" and "waste" in the same sentence! you make me sick.

You might want to check again, technically I didn't. ;)

I hope it stays exclusive to the PS3 (though I would probably never get it), but business IS business. If PS3 puts BluRay on the map as the next-gen HD format, Sony won their war.

You guys are forgetting that FF13 is coming to cellphones as well, do you guys think that means cellphones are getting the main ff13 that is coming out on the Ps3?

There will be atleast 4 versions of FF13 announced and one of them is the main one, the one on the Ps3 is the main one. It could come to the 360, but right now it's not likely.

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
You might want to check again, technically I didn't. ;)
Oo, well I'm sorry! :smilewinkgrin:

AND!!!! There's 3 versions, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13: Versus, and Final Fantasy 13 Agito (Mobile)

Celestial said:
Oo, well I'm sorry! :smilewinkgrin:

AND!!!! There's 3 versions, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13: Versus, and Final Fantasy 13 Agito (Mobile)

Well there are 3 versions guaranteed, but SE filed a trademark for something called FINAL FANTASY HAERESIS XIII and odds are that's probably the fourth FFXIII game.

Back