FIFA 08 Wii Exclusive: Customize Ronaldinho

StealthSoul

StealthSoul
Apr 5, 2007
England
Wii Online Code
2144-6234-8176-9504
"Electronic Arts continue not to disappoint with its upcoming video game FIFA 08 for the Nintendo Wii. At first, fans had some reservations on how a soccer game would work with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. EA developers tried explaining the controls and fans were like, "that would work."

Today, EA announced that cover athlete Ronaldinho will be a customizable character exclusively on the Wii version of the title. This will happen in FIFA 08's game mode called Footii Party where players are treated to a host of mini games such as "Table Football" and "Shoot Off". Every Footii Party mini game is going to be multiplayer.

After seeing the Mii-like character, Ronaldinho had this to say, "My character looks like he enjoys playing football and shares my passion for the game. This is important to me. Whether you are playing football on the pitch or my party games in FIFA 08 on the Wii, it should be a fun and enjoyable experience."

Aside from this, the Wii version of FIFA 08 will also be using FreeMotion, a technology that provide players better control over their characters. There's also this Football Academy feature in the game where you can access around 30 interactive tutorials to learn these FreeMotion controls.

FIFA 08 for the Wii, alongside other versions, will be released some time this Fall."

^^ Screenshots;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Fifa 08 for the Wii will probably be a disaster. Anyone who has heard of the control scheme would agree...

Pro evolution is coming to the wii...so thats what im getting.

I can't wait to try soccer for the Wii. And knowing EA, i'm sure the control schemes will be plentiful... so everyone should be pleased. On the other hand, I wasn't pleased with the control schemes in Carbon, so I'll just have to wait and see. :)

Warrior said:
Fifa 08 for the Wii will probably be a disaster. Anyone who has heard of the control scheme would agree...

Pro evolution is coming to the wii...so thats what im getting.

LMAO...yeh right dude...this game is gunna kick ass..and i dont even like soccer that much ...considering i used to play...the overall looks kick A*S..but...ronaldinho does look retarded as a Mii:lol: ....GO FIFA 08'!!!!

This game looks pretty good to me so far.. I dont really like too many football games, (strikers is good but thats not proper football :p) Though some were alright. I think this will be a good one ^^

MztikalAce said:
o.o sweet, Is pro evo gonna use same controls as fifa 08 on the wii?
I don't think there is any info on the control scheme announced for Pro evo yet, but i'm not 100% sure.

This will answer your questions ^^

Cubed 3,

Electronic Arts is going at full pace with the development of the new FIFA Soccer 2008 edition for Nintendo's Wii and details have now emerged about how the game will actually play.

To start with, and this will come as sad news for most readers, the game will basically look like a PlayStation 2 title since the engine is being based on the previous generation editions of FIFA 07. However, changes will indeed be in place, such as the default camera will be changed from a scrolling TV effort to more of a top-down NHL Ice Hockey style due to the abundance of Wii controller actions involved feeling strange during a side-on match (like passing the ball left or right by flicking the controller in that direction, for instance).

In terms of shooting and kicking the ball, you must act as if bowling the controller forwards to mimic kicking with your foot. Throw-Ins are dealt with by placing the Wii controller and Nunchuk at either side of your head and throwing downwards, like in real life and slide challenges are also mapped to controller flicking.

Finally, other than the addition of Mii characters and a table-football mini-game, there is the ability to play online via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service!

Stick around for further updates...

Hope it helped.

Also: Here's an image of a Throw In in the game ^^

ss_preview_FIFA08_Tutorial_ThrowIn_1.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
XD its gonna be hard to play against friends in fast paced match >.>, and damn side on camera angle was the best. but meh it seems very enjoyable.

Back