Fifa 08 Wii Tournament - Prize To Be Won

Can he make an account on here to use? I need to be sure its your brother and not you ;)

Right ive added your brother, we need one more team again to make it upto the magic 16!

The Draw will be done later!

I'm currently doing the groups, the teams have been allocated the follow numbers. The draw is taking place as i speak.

1 WiiCricket - Real Madrid
2 anthonybest 1 -arsenal
3 Lewi T - Liverpool
4 Kwanzee-Barcelona
5 Wii_BrEnDo2007 - Celtic
6 adubrovs - Chelsea
7 Whitey22 - Man Utd
8 daz159 - Nottingham Forest
9 Paulholmes - everton
10 cwall22 - AC Milan
11 pugitt - rangers
12 lil-brits - Barcelona
13 BrayshawZR - Burnley
14 weewii182 - blackburn
15 BCFCJay - Tottenham
16 idok 21- arsenal

just wondering, will it be wins, losses and draws, or just wins and loses, counting after extra time/penalties

The Draw has taken place and the results are as following:

Group A
Lewi T - Liverpool
Kwanzee-Barcelona
Wii_BrEnDo2007 - Celtic
idok 21- arsenal

Group B
weewii182 - blackburn
adubrovs - Chelsea
BCFCJay - Tottenham
WiiCricket - Real Madrid

Group C
cwall22 - AC Milan
lil-brits - Barcelona
BrayshawZR - Burnley
anthonybest 1 -arsenal

Group D
Whitey22 - Man Utd
pugitt - rangers
daz159 - Nottingham Forest
Paulholmes - everton

I trust you will all believe that the draw is at random. A fixtures list will be posted up in the next 20 minutes.

:scared: Sorry but we've just filled up! If we have a drop out your in :)

Group of death for me like!

I was wondering the same, Whitey, because when online it goes into extra time, so, in the case of a draw after 90 minutes, that would either have to be played just to finish the game and counting the match as a draw, or playing it to decide a winner. I personally think that we should just count the score after 90 mins because that will make it more tighter in the groups.

There's quite a few questions that I would also like to know:
-What happens if someone's connection is lost, and it wasn't their fault?
-How many teams advance from each group?
-Do we play each team once or twice? If it's once, have you randomised home advantage?
-What factor will we be taking if points are level, goal difference or head to head record? Or, like the Amsterdam tournament, will a point be awarded for every goal scored, on top of any points for the win/draw?
-In the second phase, will it be knockout or 2 groups? How many games against each opponent in whichever case?
-What game settings will we use? E.g. half length, etc.

I think that's all for now!

Here are the fixtures for Group 1:

Fixtures 1 to be completed by Saturday 6th October 8pm GMT

Lewi T - Liverpool vs Kwanzee - Barcelona
Wii_BrEnDo2007 - Celtic vs Paulholmes - Everton

Fixtures 2 to be completed by Monday 8th October 8pm GMT

Lewi T - Liverpool vs Wii_BrEnDo2007 - Celtic
Kwanzee - Barcelona vs Paulholmes - Everton

Fixtures 3 to be completed by Wednesday 10th October 8pm GMT

Paulholmes - Everton vs Lewi T - Liverpool
Kwanzee - Barcelona vs Wii_BrEnDo2007 - Celtic

You May Play any of the following games before the date and in any order but i need the results by the dates mentioned.

Lewi T said:
Group of death for me like!

I was wondering the same, Whitey, because when online it goes into extra time, so, in the case of a draw after 90 minutes, that would either have to be played just to finish the game and counting the match as a draw, or playing it to decide a winner. I personally think that we should just count the score after 90 mins because that will make it more tighter in the groups.

There's quite a few questions that I would also like to know:
-What happens if someone's connection is lost, and it wasn't their fault?
Im Leaving this down to the two players i trust this tournament to be played in good spirit and if you explain it and they agree im sure you'll be able to replay it. However if the other person refuses please contact me
-How many teams advance from each group?
Two Teams will advance from each Group :wink:
-Do we play each team once or twice? If it's once, have you randomised home advantage?
Each team plays each other one, the best team will win so home advantage wont make alot of difference.
-What factor will we be taking if points are level, goal difference or head to head record? Or, like the Amsterdam tournament, will a point be awarded for every goal scored, on top of any points for the win/draw?
Its all down to goal Difference so make sure your ruthless :mad5: :yesnod:. 3 Points per win aswell.
-In the second phase, will it be knockout or 2 groups? How many games against each opponent in whichever case?
It will be a knockout round the home team will be the team which won the group and so forth.
-What game settings will we use? E.g. half length, etc.
4 Mins each way

I think that's all for now!

Happy so far?

Yeah that's fine mate, just what about the draw thing? Are we just going to take the scores after 90 mins or play extra time to decide it?

Just one other thing, would those in my group PM me when you know you'll be able to play please. Then I'll get back to you when I can play you. I'm assuming the home team will create the game so when I'm at home I'll PM you with the details just before we play, including the password for the game, and then whoever's at home does the same for me, thanks.

Back