Fifa 2008 Controll Discussion

........or press C to drop the ball to the ground then hold A+B to kick it out

Those that are having a problem with the throw-ins, just be sure that you actual have both controllers inverted and that way it works every time with very little effort.

I have trouble heading the ball, either from a cross or from a drop kick. am i just being dense? i've tried flicking the remote down like i think it says in the manual but it doesnt seem to work, anyone got any ideas?

Heading / volleying is the same motion, flick remote down from a flat position.

You need to time it right though, I sometimes end up slide tackling and fouling the opposition when I want to head / volley

So you cannot use regular controls?? Are you sure? The motion thing sounds compicated... i used to fifa on gamecube and wanted the controls to stay almost the same... i want to buy it so please let me know

ljd627 said:
So you cannot use regular controls?? Are you sure? The motion thing sounds compicated... i used to fifa on gamecube and wanted the controls to stay almost the same... i want to buy it so please let me know

Anyone know if you can use the 'classic' controller for this game? If you can, i'm buying one.

I personaly find it all ok but i agree that the throw in idea is just pointless....

i dont like the kicking ffrom hand either becuase i throw by accident....

the shooting is fine i just panic to much :D

slide tackles can be annoying but u dont need to use them that much anyway....and they do work if u get the correct gesture.

overall its fine....dont not buy it just becuase of a few strange controls :D

I have only ever played Fifa on PS2 and when it came out on wii i got in straight away. I don't find the controls difficult or complicated at all. Quite simple actually,,,

Rei said:
Well I was looking around for Fifa 08 on Wii so I read tha article and the controls seemed to me a bit conplicated. I wish to discuss these controlls with the gamers here. And IF you wish to read the article just go to ign and search Fifa 2008 look for the one that says Wii on it and read. SO lets discuss the conplicated controls. And maybe if Nintendo should develop leg sensors.

Wait until it is released due that EA Sports is actually doing poor quality games for the Wii, first Madden 08, now NBA Live 08.

They are doing the good games for 360 and PS3 and the garbage version for the Wii. We should boycott EA Sports games until they show some respect and start doing worthy games for the Wii

How do you get the max power in your shot? i nearlly pull me arm out trying to get a lot of power but it doesnt work too well

Whoops said:
How do you get the max power in your shot? i nearlly pull me arm out trying to get a lot of power but it doesnt work too well

good question , do tell......... somebody ??

el-zilcho said:
good question , do tell......... somebody ??

What annoys me most is that when i play online some people can smash the ball nearly everytime and it annoys the hell out of me. If i could just learn how to do it the game would be tops

just move it very fast and sharp in a sudden action.....avoid moving it to much....seems to work..

stozy said:
just move it very fast and sharp in a sudden action.....avoid moving it to much....seems to work..

Thanx stozy that actually helped what you said before i was moving the entire remote now i just give it a really quick flick. Plus iv realised if you take your time over your shot you can blast it most of the time.

Back