Fifa 2008 Controll Discussion

I'm suppose to buy the game today so overall.....yes buy it or no don't buy it?Thanks for your help

jokeurmnd said:
I'm suppose to buy the game today so overall.....yes buy it or no don't buy it?Thanks for your help
Yes, buy it.

ok i bought it today and i have 2 questions umm is it possible to change music tracks in fifa 08 and how because i have fifa 07 for ps2 and i remember being able to change the song also can you change the language of commentators

highroller said:
Wait until it is released due that EA Sports is actually doing poor quality games for the Wii, first Madden 08, now NBA Live 08.

They are doing the good games for 360 and PS3 and the garbage version for the Wii. We should boycott EA Sports games until they show some respect and start doing worthy games for the Wii

Each to their own I suppose, but I actually think that EA have produced 2 of the best games for Wii so far - SSX blur (EA big) and FIFA 08 (EA sports) and I like Tiger Woods (EA sports) aswell (if only they would improve on its presentation). Haven't played Madden or NBA, but Madden got some good reviews, didn't it?

Found the controls ok to be honest, thought theyd be a nightmare at first but you catch on quick.

I just use the sideline view though don't like the free motion one, as for shooting i've also found it helps if you flick up or down to a side like flick it up to the right

Whoops said:
How do you get the max power in your shot? i nearlly pull me arm out trying to get a lot of power but it doesnt work too well

if you get max poweron your shot, chances are it won't go in. I have scored some stunning goals from outside the box with just over half power.

This may sound like a stupid question but......
When playing, under the scores and team names are 2 blue power bars. Does anyone know what they are for???? I have tried thinking about it and when I try out my suggestions they don;t seem to match up! I originally thought it may have been something to do with team confidence, then the amount of preassure you were applying, likelyhood of scoring... my list went on.

Anyone know the answer? It does not mention it in the book nor can i find anything about it on a forum!!

Ta very much...

You were kinda right with the team confidence. It's like the mentality and determination, or confidence in a way if you like, of the team. So if you have lots of shots and possession, then it goes up, and goes down if you;re under the cosh and things! Then, its directly related to an extra 'push' by your players, they become a slight bit sharper and faster when the bars are fully lit.

there r two real problems with the game one theres no first touch when playing so its hard to do a lot of thing. and second theres no manager ode or be the pro mode for the wii version which is extremely gay because those r the 2 best things about the game. y the hell did they put the kindergarden crap thats so dumb in replace of them what were they thinking? who the **** would want to play that rather then manager mode. and the new thing is not even soccer related really its so dumb to much incorporation of miis ect.

Yeah, I hate the way EA are going with the 'Family Play' style on many of their games, Fifa being the prime example. It's also the case with Pro Street, although I am beginning to enjoy the control scheme, I would like to have the option of changing it. But Fifa really annoys me, you can't do anything special on it, the most advanced technique is like playing a one-two :wtf:

My two cents...

Key components missing in FIFA 08 in order of importance:

Manager/Career Mode
This is by far the most dissappointing aspect of the game. No Manager Mode completely destroys the replay value of FIFA that made the game so great. I rather play FIFA 07 on my Gamecube because at least it give us something to play for. This is by far the biggest and most noticeable weakness of FIFA 08.

Profile Manager
This is absolutely ridiculous not to have a profile manager. We can not even view our stats or see our accomplishments.

Be A Superstar Mode
All the other Next-Gen consoles have this, why not the Wii? News flash for you guys, not just kids play the Wii.

Smoother Shooting
The shooting on the Wii version is sometimes very unresponsive and we basically only have two degrees of power. The shot is either really strong or really weak making for some very frustrating game-play. Also it almost seems impossible to score with a normal shot from long range. Another option that would be welcomed is to be able to use Gamecube controllers.

Edit Option
We must be able to edit players because even though EA does a great job making all the players and stats, you guys are not perfect. This also includes the ability to create players.

Lounge Mode
The highlight in my opinion of the last FIFA installments was the Lounge Mode. Me and my buddies spent hours playing this because it recorded all the stats and gave us bragging rights. This option was the unsung hero of previous FIFA games, fans would love to have it back. We have a life outside of online, we have friends too.

There are also a few minor adjustments needed that the people of EA might not have noticed. It may seem small but we have become accustomed to these little options and having them taken away like this is just not right…
- International Squad Selection
- FIFA Soundtrack Playlist
- Create a Club
- Practice Mode

Back