FIFA WC 2010 Freeze at Launch

Mikester70

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2010
Hello. Recently got the much-advertised FIFA WC 2010 for the Wii. Great game, fun and simple at the same time. One day, a week ago, there was a thunderstorm in my area which turned off the electricity in the whole town. When the power came back on, I sat down to play the game. It froze after the EA logo. I tried several times, still the same result. The disk was in the Wii at the time of the power outage, but this might not be the reason. I'd love to play the game again, any ideas on how to fix? Thanks.

Hi, i have the exact same problem. No thunder storm but the game just freezes at the same point when ever it is put in. I have had the disc cleaned at Blockbusters but its still freezing. Gutted!

Hello. Recently got the much-advertised FIFA WC 2010 for the Wii. Great game, fun and simple at the same time. One day, a week ago, there was a thunderstorm in my area which turned off the electricity in the whole town. When the power came back on, I sat down to play the game. It froze after the EA logo. I tried several times, still the same result. The disk was in the Wii at the time of the power outage, but this might not be the reason. I'd love to play the game again, any ideas on how to fix? Thanks.

1. Did the thunderstorm prompt a warning to be issued for your county?
  2. Does it make a high-pitched buzzing noise when it freezes?
Read this to see if it helps you: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameDiscs.jsp#freeze_location

Fixed!!

FIXED!!!! go into the the wii data options and delete all the data saved for fifa world cup 2010. then go back to the main menu and put the game in.... should be fixed!!!

Back