Fils-Aime "embarrassed" by Sony, Microsoft's motion control attempts

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
From wii.qj.net

motion.jpg

Sony and Microsoft are now moving into the Wii-dominated motion-controlled gaming market. So, what does Nintendo think about it? NoA president Reggie Fils-Aime says they'd be embarrassed to do what the two console manufacturers are currently doing.

"I think a hallmark of Nintendo is that we are constantly trying to innovate," he said in an interview with gaming blog Kotaku. "I think we would have been embarrassed to do what our competitors are currently doing."

Nintendo seems unconcerned about the current state of things, but what about the future? Fils-Aime again laid to rest speculation about a Wii HD, saying that while HD is definitely one of the things they're looking into, it by itself won't be a reason for Nintendo to put out a new console. It needs to provide "a whole new compelling experience" as well.

"When Mr. Miyamoto goes to Mr. Iwata and says. 'I have this great idea and I can't do it on the Wii,' that's when there will be a next generation console. What that includes we'll see,"
We will provide something new. Something that the consumer and the industry will look at and say 'Wow, I didn't see that coming.'"
"When Mr. Miyamoto goes to Mr. Iwata and says. 'I have this great idea and I can't do it on the Wii,' that's when there will be a next generation console. What that includes we'll see," he said.

Via link Kotaku
NOW since Nintendo set themselfs up to fail and burn....sure Big N was always ahead like the N.E.S Zapper gun for duck hunt, and the ROB, and turbo controllers but sorry to say this new playstation tech even make me wanna buy one, haha being 30 and just buying a console NOT nintendo. But i'm still keeping my wii.

Some comments posted

Techni writes in

Miyamoto has already complained Wii didn't have enough processing power to do things in the new Mario game he wanted.

Also, Nintendo has no right to talk. They copied everything they ever did. And still drag their feet on things like HD and online.

this unknown member
writes in

I think Reggie missed the BIGGEST point however!

Remember when the Wii was announced/released?
Remember how the Sony and Microsoft fanboys slagged it off as a gimmicky novelty controller that is not a proper controller?
I sure as hell do.

Afrit writes in

Oh.. No .. Not Wii Music 2!

2dtvfra.gif

FreePlay writes in

And I STILL think it's gimmicky.

zzk2001 writes in

I say the controls are still Gimmicky when they don't even work right and 90% of all games you just keep swinging the damn thing around to win, O..Yeah real fun...not!
Wii games have no skill just wave around like some dumb 5year old and win the game, I guess that's what happens when the controls don't work like they should.

GUNBEHINDTHESUN writes in

So? Sony copies and improves on Nintendo's ideas some. They used ideas for controllers but also didn't Sony first have a motion controller with the Eye Toy. Also I remember Nintendo resisted and argued that they didn't need disc based games for their games, but they gradually changed their mind. Who cares as long as they make great improvements in entertainment. I hope Nintendo pulls out all the guns on the next console and makes a killer system for us with great content. Maybe Blu-ray, high definition graphics with high power and most importantly, give us great games.

Last edited:
I have two things:

1) Nowhere in that article did it talk about Fils-Aime being embarrassed by Sony or Microsoft. Please choose your subject lines wisely. It keeps aggravated people like me from aggravating people like you because you are aggravating people by using aggravatingly misleading subject lines on their posts. It's just aggravating.

2) Your commentary doesn't make much sense to me. What are you trying to say? How is Nintendo setting "themselfs" (sic) up to fail and burn? Perhaps better structured sentences would help get your point across.

I have two things:

1) Nowhere in that article did it talk about Fils-Aime being embarrassed by Sony or Microsoft. Please choose your subject lines wisely. It keeps aggravated people like me from aggravating people like you because you are aggravating people by using aggravatingly misleading subject lines on their posts. It's just aggravating.

2) Your commentary doesn't make much sense to me. What are you trying to say? How is Nintendo setting "themselfs" (sic) up to fail and burn? Perhaps better structured sentences would help get your point across.

Dude, chill. If you have any comments, just PM CastleZelda. That's it. It ain't too hard.:)

Briman, get a life instead of insulting people

I have two things:

I just POST the damn news and form my opinion on some stuff so Chillax dude.

Back