Final Fantasy XIII Delayed to Spring 2010?

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
ff13tgsscreen.jpeg

Dunno! But we do know it's sure hard to delay a game that isn't dated. Square Enix hasn't said much about the game — which is, in a way, good, because we'd rather have them working on it than talking about working on it. Last we heard, Square Enix was smashing rumors that the game would be out this year. No wonder people are worrying! Some Japanese industry analysts over on Japanese stock news site Trader's Web predicted that Final Fantasy XIII would be pushed back to March 2010. Until then, the value of Square Enix's stocks is supposed to drop.

What's more, website Hobby Blog points out, some 2channel users are starting to compare FFXIII to vaporware like Gran Turismo for the PSP. We haven't heard any rumblings, suggesting that Square Enix was going to release the game as late as 2010 — though, it could happen! Though, pinning fears and tears on the Trader's Web prediction is a little silly at this point. As KBC analyst Hiroshi Kamide tells Kotaku:

"No news good or bad from the company really, but I expect the shares to start rallying again nearer the time DQIX is to be released."

So do we! We also expect Final Fantasy XIII will sell a gajillion copies in Japan no matter if it's released in 2009 or 2010. Until then, no freaking out, okay?

Source:http://kotaku.com/358442/final-fantasy-xiii-delayed-to-spring-2010

This will be pretty disappointing if it is true.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Ever since Sakaguchi and the others left the team, the release dates have been alot slower, and only seem to be getting worse. Maybe they're taking their time to perfect it, or maybe they're just lazy. If it's because they want to fully perfect the game, then perhaps the long wait will be worth it.

D1nner said:
2 years and 1 month from now? I call bs

I doubt its bs think about it...

Like the article says, you can't really delay a game that never had a estimated release date. Square-Enix never said it was due for 2008 or even 2009. Its possible that it wont be released until 2010.

It's probably true. Look at how long MGS4 got delayed.

They have 2x to 5x the size of most companies working on a single game. The average Square employee is light years ahead of most people in the game industry. For them to take so long to make a game over budget with as many people as they have, with as much experience they have in making combat systems, cinematics, and story is inexcusable. Somewhere along the way they are going to suffer serious finacial loss because they are taking too long with a staff that large and that talented, geared with as much equipment as they have. BTW the estimated budget for all 3 Final Fantasy games (They are launching 3 at once) was calculated over $80 million! The game would have to sell around 6 million copies to break even.

This may be why some of them have been jumping into side projects like SSBB, and Lost Odyssey. Perhaps they know the company has gotten too beastly in cost.

I am not too sure how I feel about this. In one hand, I really want this game as soon as possible, but in the other, I want the developers to take their time perfecting it in as many ways as possible.
If it is true, then it is going to be a long wait.

Ah well. Fabula's other titles will entertain us until the big game itself is revealed!

Versus and Agido here I come.

Back