Final Fantasy XIII no longer exclusive?

Celestial said:
What other big exclusives do they have?

sony has quite a few good franchises in fact, many of them you remember from the ps2.

as for big exclusives currently:

I would say LAIR is a big one. It is a new franchise and I am looking forward to it. Then theres White Knight Story, L.A Noir, Heavenly Sword, God of War 3, Ratchet and Clank, Warkhawk, Killzone.

Dont forget Eye of Judgement, the first game to use REAL game cards and use a camera device to recognize them and play them in the game itself.

Then theres Singstar PS3 and Ninja Gaiden. And we cant forget about Gran Turismo.

No theres quite a bit more than just two game franchises. Sony has some new and old ones lined up. Not to mention, quite a few that will be revealed as they get closer to the finish line in terms of developement.

I meant the best selling big exclusives, which are probably MGS FF and GT... forgot about that. Probably God of War too, but it hasn't been out as long as FF, MGS and GT.

You can't forget the new Naughty Dog game, the makers of Jak and Daxter, they're a company exclusive to Sony consoles. Also Team ICO, the makers of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are on Ps3's side. Lastly there's Incognito, the makers of Twisted Metal. There's also word that Namco Bandai is making ps3 exclusive games with a new company of theirs.

As far as things stand though MGS4 and the main FFXIII are still exclusives.

Oh yeah and Tekken seems to be a Ps3 exclusive.

Last edited:
exactly. People refuse to be realistic about the PS3, you dont have to support it, but be honest.

MGS4 is going to stay exclusive too because the creator (always forget how to spell his name..koji somethng) said the other systems are incapable of running the game the way he intends it, which is very cinematic.

As for FF13, it cant run on the Wii. It might be able to run on the 360 depending on how the game is made, but chances are they will be using a lot of space via blue ray. The cell processing allows a lot more to go on in any one given moment so its really up to Square. My feelings are though, that it will stay exclusive as well. Everything else is just rumors and naysaying. Theres a lot of sony hate, mainly because the system cost too much for most people. They tend to hate what they either cant afford or refuse to buy based on price.

Hobbies can be expensive, i think gaming as a hobbie is no different. You get what you pay for.

En4Neo:
Tekken is a good one. But you've just named Developers, Not games
Developers can easily make games for ANY console.
An announced Exclusive Game will stay Exclusive for ALOT longer

Shiftfallout said:
i think gaming as a hobbie is no different. You get what you pay for.

Whats thats then.... PS3 Exclus..... No wait they're all going.. :devil:

That was a joke btw if you didn't get it xD

Last edited:
Wii_Smurf said:
Tekken is a good one. But you've just named Developers, Not games
Developers can easily make games for ANY console.
An announced Exclusive Game will stay Exclusive for ALOT longer

well actually there are quite a few developers that stick to one system, often being supported by that company. There is such thing as an exclusive developer, especially if say sony funds part of their efforts. Or nintendo or microsft..ect

Often times its not suprising to have a big company own a lot of smaller ones with different names.

Wii_Smurf said:
Yeah. Obviously Companies take over...
And you see Exclusive Developers once every like never

are you purposefully ignorant or just in denile?
Exclusive developers exist. Dont belive me, do a freakin google search instead of acting like la douche.

Cnet one said:"Hardware outstanding, loss of many exclusive developers gives me chills." Concerning the PS3. Another Headline from gamespot "SCEE and Guerrilla Sign Exclusive Development and Publishing Agreement".

You just got owned =)

Final Fantasy 13 could run on the Wii if Square Enix wanted it to...its as plain and simple as that.

Once again the "money" argument is pulled out. Of course anyone who doesn't like sony is poor and can't afford a p$3. So why then are there 10 million XBox owners? After all it was pretty expensive at $400 dollars a year ago. The fact is that p$3 is not worth it and it probably never will be. I don't care how much power and how awesome the graphics are. It still doesn't hide the fact that some of these games are pure crap. I've watched the trailers and I've even played a few of them. Nothing whatsoever is that appealing to me that it demands over $600.00 on a machine alone. I can name 15 games from Microsoft alone that make my mouth water with anticipation and thats why I'm probably going to get an Elite. But then again I'm just a dumb Nintendo fanboy so what do I know?

Shift. I did say 'You see Exclusive Developers Once every never'
And notice the part the Bold. 'Once every never' is just an expression....

Of course they exist, Anyways the fact is that FF in a big thing to Sony and if they do lose it, Thats a Masive blow, You may not realise it but it is. And if you can't see that, Well your just "purposefully ignorant"

Wii_Smurf said:
Shift. I did say 'You see Exclusive Developers Once every never'
And notice the part the Bold. 'Once every never' is just an expression....

Of course they exist, Anyways the fact is that FF in a big thing to Sony and if they do lose it, Thats a Masive blow, You may not realise it but it is. And if you can't see that, Well your just "purposefully ignorant"

Every once never means is a sarcastic term saying it never existed.

And you are overexagerating the whole FF exclusive deal. The chances are high that it stay exclusive, very high. If it went multiplatform you would only see it on 3 systems. PC, PS3 and 360. IT CANNOT RUN on the Wii. No how much one wants to argue this, it cannot happen. If then it were on the 360 and PS3, then you have to compare the cost of multipul dvds to one blue ray. You also have to think, the game is still going to the PS3 only reaching a broader audience with the 360. Its not a huge blow. It just increases the number of customers for square. It will not have as big of an impact on the PS3 as you make it seem. Im sorry but this is just reality. People who want to play it on ps3 will play it on the ps3, they will get benefits from using blue ray and HOME. Theres a lot more exciting projects on the horizon for Sony, not just FF.

MasterJedi2U said:
I agree with you Smurf if Final Fantasy is multiplatform thats a huge hit to sony. It won't destroy them but still its pretty significant. And I wish Square Enix would just go ahead and make a formal announcement either way so that the rumor mill can just quiet down. Right now I just have this gut feeling that the main Final Fantasy might appear on ALL 3 consoles but it will have different names...sorta like The GodFather and how it has different names for the Wii and the p$3 right? But thats just a theory. I'd love to have Final Fantasy on the Wii since I'm not a big fan of Crystal Chronicles (although the next one does look a lil promising). The Wii is definitely capable of handling a FF game even if it has to come in several discs which I wouldn't mind. Anyways thats just my opinion. We'll find out the truth though as the weeks roll thru so I can be patient.

P.S. Theres also news that sony has NO plans to drop the price of the p$3.

thats why they are laying off workers for the Gaming division.. according to Kotaku

Yeah I heard about that...it appears like sony has some serious cash flow issues in the gaming area.

P.S. I definitely think that Final Fantasy is coming to the Wii. I hope so and until Square says otherwise I'll continue to think so.

Back