Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

Damascus said:
Luigi's FS is like he's trippin' on acid :D

Who knows what it does?

Me, it maked me crap my pants in anger of how stupid it is.
But I like the Kung-Fu movement.

The Dojo said that diddy's FSA also allows him to shoot peanuts while flying. But no one who made any vids of him on youtube figure that out yet.

Also Pikachu,diddy,and sonic all have the same FSA.

Link's FSA is a guaranteed ko from the looks of it. it seems to automatically go after the closest enemy.

Zelda's is a 1 hit kill. so if you're on the same platform and it gets shot at you you are dead. If you notice the animation, the character being shot at doesn't seem to move out of the way, perhaps they are stuck, or the fact that it's a "light" arrow moving at "light" speed, suppose they're trying to give you the allusion of that making it impossible to jump away?

ROB's FSA we know nothing about. So to say it sucks is unfair considering we know nothing about how it works or should be used, and those demonstrating it on youtube don't seem to have any clue either.

All final smashes can be deadly if used in the right conditions. Some require a precise set up to maximize their damage potential.

take peach for example. in the youtube vids all the players do is heal, they never try and take out their opponents while they're asleep.

So to say this character sucks or that one sucks is unfair considering that the japanese players who have the game and post on youtube, know just as little about it as we do, so there are no pros yet to show you the true power of any of the characters.

Vedelkin10 said:
OK This is one of the things that make me mad :/..

OK it's the spirit of battle even if your losing and your still enjoying the game, That's when it'll be the day when everything is even-

No offence but you seam like a sore loser, Because think of it this way- What if you had the smash ball?..

But to get to the real point- All characters have they're own moves and that's what makes them uniqe- If you REALLY think about it hard enough Course' They're unbalanced... But it depends on who's using them really, I mean nobody is going to be the king of brawl :/

Exactly. I knew I liked this guy!

What I mean is like, it's harmless either way, because gamers who wanna have fun like the new addition, and tourney players can turn it off. What I don't get is what tourney players WANT in order to justify a NEW GAME but still play it in a tournament. Know what I mean?

they want the final smashes out because if a player of lesser skill uses let's say kirby.. and spends the majority of the match floating around avoiding damage and copying everyone's moves, but doing little if any combat.

Then the smash ball appears. the others are ata reasonably high %. kirby gets the smash ball, goes into cook kirby mode, and after all three players are launched, they all get KO'd. Kirby wins as a result f one FSA. and he never even really fought anyone.

sounds like an odd scenario? Well the tournament hungry players fear it like the plague, since there are plenty of them out there who would do something similar to what I described, given the opportunity.

Basically final smashes could allow a noob to come in and KS everyone in the game. That is why it is feared.

I personally like them seeing as how diverse they are, and since they're in the game why not use them? I mean plenty of the items are just as strong if not stronger so why all the hatred of FSA?

Vedelkin10 said:
OK This is one of the things that make me mad :/..

OK it's the spirit of battle even if your losing and your still enjoying the game, That's when it'll be the day when everything is even-

No offence but you seam like a sore loser, Because think of it this way- What if you had the smash ball?..

But to get to the real point- All characters have they're own moves and that's what makes them uniqe- If you REALLY think about it hard enough Course' They're unbalanced... But it depends on who's using them really, I mean nobody is going to be the king of brawl :/
there's a difference from having unique characters to having an unbalanced 'item'. and i'm not saying their over hyped because my specific character that i like has an underpowered FSA.... i could care less i'll rarely be using it. it was a general topic...

imo, i don't really care about fsa's.......smashballs are just items....do people say "the beam sword and baseball bat are basically the same, however one's more unbalanced"

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Also Pikachu,diddy,and sonic all have the same FSA.

i'd say diddy has the same fsa as yoshi, but i'm sure all the fsa's have a different feel to them

I personally like them seeing as how diverse they are, and since they're in the game why not use them? I mean plenty of the items are just as strong if not stronger so why all the hatred of FSA?

agreed(again)

Last edited:
I'm sure they do, but the common traits of those three final smashes are too numerous to be coincidental.

they all three are VERY hard to control due to speed and lose flight controls. all three (except maybe diddy) do damage to enemies when you so much as touch them..(I think diddy's does as well ,but I think the bulk of the damage from his comes from the guns and the barrels crashing the stage at the end..none of the youtube gamers have figured that out yet...go figure)

Also Pokemon trainer's final smash seems to be broken; by that I mean if you took point blank damage from all 3 moves:hydro pump,solar beam, and fire blast you are screwed. But the solar beam seems to launch you into the air and drive you backwards. So the other two moves will miss you entirely since you're being juggled by the beam until the move is over r you can manage an air recovery to avoid the rest of it.
I can only see this move really being effective again st heavy characters since they likely won't get launched as high.

these are all good posts... but does noone else dislike the idea of cinematics interupting play?

I do. But I wonder if there will e much of a disruption in multi player games. I was under the impression the sky would go black, the animation would follow (most likely with a little lag) and then the game would play as normal again.

I don't think the camera zooms in on the FSA unless your in a 1-2 player match,any mer than that I think it stays panned out.

I do. But I wonder if there will e much of a disruption in multi player games. I was under the impression the sky would go black, the animation would follow (most likely with a little lag) and then the game would play as normal again.

I don't think the camera zooms in on the FSA unless your in a 1-2 player match,any mer than that I think it stays panned out.
i think your right. but i saw a vid where Metaknight used his and the sky went black and he killed one character...but another character was off the map and because the sky went black he lost his place and fell to his death.. this may have been user error though... recovering blind cant be all that complicated with mario lol

FSAs remind me of the hammer in the N64 smash bros (didn't really play the gamecube one). You use it for the first week when you have the game, then turn if off because people ***** about it all the time for the first week.

luckily the smash ball is never going to be a part of serious play because to some chars it is so unbalanced. id rather have easy kills with poor aim then just do a bunch of damage with no guaranteed kill.

spiff the only thing that would piss me off about the cinematics during them is possibly the camera angles.

Lugia said:
luckily the smash ball is never going to be a part of serious play because to some chars it is so unbalanced. id rather have easy kills with poor aim then just do a bunch of damage with no guaranteed kill.

spiff the only thing that would piss me off about the cinematics during them is possibly the camera angles.
i dont mind the camera angles as much as the fact that it pauses the game so you can watch a character fly off the screen or something... i unno... seems like a fun thing to have in the game for the odd game but i dont think it deserved the attention nintendo gave it... so much work for an item

id have to say thats part of the flaw of the item. the fact that its an item rather then something you build up to. theres definately going to be times where a person is just going to have to burn it off because everyones either no where near you or already dead. i just had the greatest idea! they should of made it something that instead of only giving you a final smash you could throw it like some super fireball since nearly every other item is throwable and that way you arent attached to some of the crappy final smashes chars do get.

Last edited:
i dunno about throwing it away cuz even though their useless as far as i know all characters are invincible during their FSA...correct me if i'm wrong though. i think if they wanted to make them moves then they should have been something characters could build up to...like with consecutive kos or something...and make them all evenly useful..then i'd have more respect for their place in the game

Back