Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

I can post where I please kid, :lol:

you two can go back to fellating each other's egos if you'd like, but the fact remains; smash balls will eventually be included in tournaments and people like you who are trying so hard to cling to your melee traditions will be left behind.

Last edited:
haha oh man i didnt think you actually thought they'd eventually be used in tourneys hahaha oh man... hahaha hey why dont you write into the MLG and tell them you think that smash balls should be a major part of their thousand dollar tourneys and that top players could lose their final life in the final match and therefore lose their thousands of dollars because they got hit with an instant kill cinematic hahaha might as well suggest putting the hammer into the tourney aswell

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I can post were I please kid, :lol:

you two can go back to fellating each other's egos if you'd like, but the fact remains; smash balls will eventually be included in tournaments and people like you who are trying so hard to cling to your melee traditions will be left behind.
after reading your posts through out this thread

ive concluded you know nothing about competitive gaming.

competitive gaming is about skill,

not whoever was closest to the win ball when it spawned.

Final smashes definately add a new level to the gameplay, and if you don't like them, turn them off. I, for one, am thoroughly excited to use them.
@Extra Life Mushroom: Stop attacking spiff_ssbb, he's not the one "whining", you are. He said himself he likes the Final Smashes, he just thinks they are over hyped. You, on the other hand, are attacking him.
That's just not cool, man.

Last edited:
I can post were I please kid,

Oh man lol.

wow...okay so i guess according to most users here glitches=skill and item=noob.
That's really sad.

I see no difference between someone who abuses glitches and someone who abuses "win balls". Same thing really, someone won due to a fluke, either they exploited the game in a way it was not meant to be or they got an item than gave them temporary godly abilities.

To dispute the fact that smash balls won't be taken seriously in professional matches and then to go and defend the use of in-game glitches only hurts the argument that "professional gaming" is a sport. Because of stupid double-standards like these.

You guys really are hilarious, in the fact that a good portion of you consider yourselves aficionados in the professional gaming leagues; yet you refuse to accept a game for what it is.
You fear smash balls and items because god forbid a noob beat you in a tournament due to the use of one of those items.
(you could lose thousands....really :lol:)

There is no skill involved in exploiting glitches in a game. All it takes is timing.
Apparently glitches and exploits have become so commonplace that they are now referred to as "techniques".

Conspiracy-Print-C10089802.jpeg

"it is always better to lie than admit the truth, for it is our ability to decieve that separates us from the animals."

wow...okay so i guess according to most users here glitches=skill and item=noob.
That's really sad.

I see no difference between someone who abuses glitches and someone who abuses "win balls". Same thing really, someone won due to a fluke, either they exploited the game in a way it was not meant to be or they got an item than gave them temporary godly abilities.

To dispute the fact that smash balls won't be taken seriously in professional matches and then to go and defend the use of in-game glitches only hurts the argument that "professional gaming" is a sport. Because of stupid double-standards like these.

You guys really are hilarious, in the fact that a good portion of you consider yourselves aficionados in the professional gaming leagues; yet you refuse to accept a game for what it is.
You fear smash balls and items because god forbid a noob beat you in a tournament due to the use of one of those items.
(you could lose thousands....really :lol:)

There is no skill involved in exploiting glitches in a game. All it takes is timing.
Apparently glitches and exploits have become so commonplace that they are now referred to as "techniques".
timing and precise button tapping is used for glitching. jumping up and grabbing a ball is required for a smash ball. glitches dont result in instant KOs or near KOs. smash balls do. its the developers fault for the glitches that give players a little edge over others.

just wait until you see the tourneys, MLG ones i will bet my life on wont have smash balls, private held ones have a little chance of allowing them.

GigaRidley said:
Final smashes definately add a new level to the gameplay, and if you don't like them, turn them off. I, for one, am thoroughly excited to use them.
@Extra Life Mushroom: Stop attacking spiff_ssbb, he's not the one "whining", you are. He said himself he likes the Final Smashes, he just thinks they are over hyped. You, on the other hand, are attacking him.
That's just not cool, man.
thanks for the support man. general question for you about the fs. once you get it... what button do you press to use it? can you do normal attacks while your glowing?

Sovieto said:
timing and precise button tapping is used for glitching. jumping up and grabbing a ball is required for a smash ball. glitches dont result in instant KOs or near KOs. smash balls do. its the developers fault for the glitches that give players a little edge over others.

just wait until you see the tourneys, MLG ones i will bet my life on wont have smash balls, private held ones have a little chance of allowing them.
exactly... if it doesnt take skill to exploit the glitch then why is it that only the pros can do it with consistancy and use it to their advantage. sure i can wave dash... but can i make it part of my arsinal? not really. honestly though i cant wait for the tourneys to come. i never got a chance to go to a melee one so i'm hoping to hit my first tourney sometime this year :)

Lugia:Nice meme. did you make it yourself or get it from 4chan?

Sovieto: You seem afraid of final smashes, and I don't understand your logic. Sure it will allow for KSing, and sure there will be tons of upsets in the "pro" leagues but I still think they deserve more respect than they are being given.

At least the smash balls were intended to be in the game, you can;t say that for l-canceling,shffl,wavedash,ect.. But as you said they were there so they're going to be abused regardless.

All I'm saying is since they weren't intended to be there in the first place, why should they be allowed to be abused? especially by a "professional" player.

Shouldn't a "professional" have the skills necessary to win without exploiting the game? I would think someone calling themselves a pro would at least be capable of winning a match, by playing it as the game was intended. But what do I know right?

a professional player uses whats he's given to the best of his ability. if there's a glitch in the system they exploit it. its what the best do best. its not cheating. its making the best of a situation. -case in point: freezing kickers in late game field goals- and its not as if wave dashing and shffling were 'broken' moves as even if done perfectly every time it was always the mind game that won the match. a predictable shffl can be countered just as easy as a predictable dash attack

Not sure what you meant by this. I presume it's a Strikers reference?
no it went back to your professional athlete comment. its in the nfl this year coaches started calling time outs JUST as the ball is being snapped for a kick and then the kicker usually still kicks the ball but it didnt count because a time out was called by the other team so he has to re kick. its a cheap move but still legal. probably going to be dealt with before next season. all i meant is the coach isnt cheating by exploiting the loop hole. he's just being smart- make reference to shffling and wave dashing

I completely agree with extra life mushroom. and final smashs add a whole new dimension. why not just accept them as a new part of the game and turn em off if you dont like em? personally i think final smashs are a nice addition because it helps people of a lesser skill level compete even slightly more than they would have before. one last thing........spiff, you gotta calm down and stop calling names...and GigaRidley, i agree with everything you said but switch spiff and extra life in your point about whose bein mean and attacking. spiff is bein rude. but w/e lets just be nicer. c'mon its a game, lets enjoy it...or waiting for it.

Back