Final smashes over hyped? *SPOILERS*

GigaRidley said:
When did you start maining c. falcon? I remember you playing as him last time we played, but I though you still mained jigglypuff.
As for assist trophies, most tournaments don't use any items at all so no ATs.
well, i still go back to jiggly from time to time but the captain has been my main for a little while now...and i want ATs! lol

and in case none of you realized yet...GigaRidley is awesome, listen to him for he is a Brawl Guru.

Bowserizer said:
well, i still go back to jiggly from time to time but the captain has been my main for a little while now...and i want ATs! lol

and in case none of you realized yet...GigaRidley is awesome, listen to him for he is a Brawl Guru.
Ah, but you are the Lost Master! lol
I agree with you though, I feel that some tourneys should include ats

GigaRidley said:
Ah, but you are the Lost Master! lol
I agree with you though, I feel that some tourneys should include ats
ah well, i'm so excited for this game to come out, then we can make accurate opinins on everything we've been watching so many videos of. haha

wooooooooh CF and Jiggly. both are so much fun. my personal fav though is sheik

Bowserizer said:
ah well, i'm so excited for this game to come out, then we can make accurate opinins on everything we've been watching so many videos of. haha
wait...isnt that the point of watching the videos?

Bowserizer said:
yea but what better way to form an opinion that to play it right? =D
ya but the video's will hold me over till it releases... speaking of which i wanna see someone use olimar well...and metaknight

and whom are you to talk about rights? :lol:

The fact that you two continue to embolden each other's pointless and sad attacks against me and my logic because you both cling to the elitism that apparently runs rampant throughout the melee "professional" leagues.

Sorry that my mention of the blatantly obvious (although not in the most politically correct terms) offended you..:lol:

And you just mentioned you yourself were never in any tournaments so all that talking of how I don't understand the workings of the "pro" leagues was groundless since you yourself admit to having never experienced them either.

And I'm sure you were both awesome in your melee primes. (because everyone is a god on the internet...hooray for anonymity.)
Not that I'm disputing your claims since I really could care less.
But I find it funny how you discern in your infinite wisdom, that I know nothing of online gaming tournaments. When you don't know anything about me; for example, I've actually competed in several online gaming tournaments, but those were for star craft and years ago.

But if you want to continue this facade that this is actually a debate then go ahead. You're contradicting yourself whist trying so hard to debunk my logic with your opinions. I rather enjoy reading your amusing retorts.

ya yours are fun to.... kinda wish they werent so long though lol but just because we've never been doesnt negate the fact that fsa's will never be used in major tourneys. and i never went to one for two reasons... its not as big in canada and i didnt start playing till...around this time last year

Are you sure they will NEVER be included? Or is it that they won;t be included until after the world has adapted fully to the new game, and is able to competitively exploit all of it's aspects including final smashes?

They are new and as such are feared since they can in fact offer unfair advantages. But instead of shunning them entirely I think the professional community will eventually incorporate them into the tournaments; although not without rules and stipulations I'm sure.

To say that they will NEVER be taken seriously in the pro leagues is kind of a big assumption. Considering the majority of the world doesn't even have the game, therefore no one has had extensive practice using the new system. So once the world has assimilated brawl as the new standard and the serious competition starts, what's to say that limited usage of FSA's won't be permitted? (obviously omitting the overpowered ones)

You really don't know what's in store for the gaming community when it comes to brawl, none of us do. So to make statements that allow for no leeway what so ever, stating that something is an absolute truth or fact is rather groundless and foolish.

Now to say that it is highly unlikely that they be incorporated into the professional leagues; at least for some time, if at all. That at least entertains the possibility that there may be adaptation and change down the road.

ok thats cool i retract my statement that they will for certainty never be used. your right i cant know for sure. but it is HIGHLY unlikely. and if i remember you also said a few days ago that they WILL at some point be used... so quoting from above "You really don't know what's in store for the gaming community when it comes to brawl, none of us do. So to make statements that allow for no leeway what so ever, stating that something is an absolute truth or fact is rather groundless and foolish."

i guessd you cant know for sure, but i think they will eventually have tournaments without smashballs, but then tourneys with smash balls specifically for people like like that item

Agreed. I did make an error in saying that.

I just find myself thinking of all the different possibilities and scenarios that well employed final smashes can yield. (such as DK's being used for edge guarding)

However you are right in the sense that many are overpowered.
either offering a one-hit ko, or the potential for several ko's if used in the right conditions.

But there aren't many that are unavoidable. (only the one-hit-ko's seem rigged) The transformations can be avoided, and the summoned minions as well. So they aren't all guaranteed victories.

ya i think the skill comes on the side of the person being attacked to get away from it. link seems to have the most over powering one... and toon link obviously

Back