Final Smashes unbalanced?

It just varies a little from character to character. It would be kind of boring if every single one was the same...

I personally don't like them that much. They're cool but they distract from the gameplay. Whenever one comes up it becomes a frantic race to the orb for a cheap KO instead of skill based kills.

Atomheart said:
Does anyone else find the Final Smashes to be unbalanced? Many are 1 hit kills. Some will take out people with low damage (e.g., Link, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, etc.), some can take out multiple people (e.g., Ganondorf, Samus, Fox/Link/Falco, etc.), while others little to no damage and offer little advantages (e.g., Kirby, Peach, Pit, Luigi, etc.).

Does anyone find this to be unbalanced?

uhhh what? kirby's final smash is deadly if you do it near the top of the screen, can kill everyone

luigi's is pretty deadly too, you can kill everyone if you got them in your circle

also @ other posts
olimar does damage to you, but it'll only kill you if you are in the center of the stage, go to the edge........

but with Marth's, there is an essence of difficulty in using it, because you can only travel to the end of the platform you are on, but if you are in the air, you could miss the person and go flying off the screen.

with fox/falco/wolf's final smash, you just gotta drive around, and you pretty much instantly kill everyone.

i kno i hate fox and his crew FS they could kill everyone easy marth you have to time it just right and stuff

Chewy said:
Jigglypuff has one of the worst ones yet she is also one of the worst characters.

Wtf are you talking about. Yes Jiglypuff is one of the worst characters but her final smash is quite deadly on small stages like smashville and final destination. If timed right it would even be deadly on a big stage like Hyrule castle

can u fight while u big

if not well u better only use it on tiny stages

the tanks get really old. i mean youve got your fast ones like ganon, zelda, marth, ness/lucas and whoever else i could of missed then you have your spacies (hahaha), yoshi, diddy kong, snake, pikachu, sonic ect where if you dont manage a kill on probably everyone you suck. bringing up aim isnt a very good point because so many give you 1 shot while the rest #1 do the work for you or #2 give you the time to get to everyone.

worst final smashes
#1 donkey kong. honestly all you do is stand there and watch any donkey kong player pretty much waste a final smash.
#2 king dedede. edge hog while you take probably 20 dmg.
#3-4 peach/kirby. low range/low dmg.
#5 marth. i know. its a 1 hit kill if you hit something. its also a 1 swing suicide if you miss.

she grows big (no you can't move or fight) and puts any1 she touches to sleep. If its a small stage she'll push them off and since their a sleep they cant recover. And if they arent pushed off but the are a sleep next to her they go flying from an explosion (like her down b move did in melee) just before jigglypuff shrinks down again.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ROuf__PGPh4[/MEDIA]

It is normaly a lot more effective than this when your fighting on a Small normal stage like smashville or final destination.

Last edited by a moderator:
"...while others little to no damage and offer little advantages (e.g., Kirby, Peach, Pit, Luigi, etc.)."

You can also dodge Kirby's Final Smash.:mad:
Luckily Kirby can reduce almost have his damage on a lot of Final Smashes by using Stone, so it's almost fair. =D

I also hate when people steal my maxim tomatoes.
Grrrrrr.

And, in TB, if you're Luigi, and do your FS; Your team mate is almost guaranteed to steal your kills. Great for the team, but not if you wanted those kills. I stole the kills, though, when I've been on Luigi's team. Sawry.

Lugia said:
#5 marth. i know. its a 1 hit kill if you hit something. its also a 1 swing suicide if you miss.

i never died using marth FS

solidkirby said:
"...while others little to no damage and offer little advantages (e.g., Kirby, Peach, Pit, Luigi, etc.)."

You can also dodge Kirby's Final Smash.:mad:
Luckily Kirby can reduce almost have his damage on a lot of Final Smashes by using Stone, so it's almost fair. =D

I have yet to see any1 dodge kirby's final smash (on a small stage at least)

Last edited by a moderator:
can u hang on the edge to dodge kirby or will u still get sucked up?

Back