Finally Got DVD playback on my wii

ok people break it up, BREAK IT UP!!!!

The doctor is right the wii won't break, so nurse? JUST CHILL!!!!!!!

Venom

All the tossing around of everyone's alleged degrees and/or experience is also outstanding - all the clichéd retorts about living with parents, the sudden bombastic rants filled with obscenities, etc.

DrMoze and Skippy are at least articulate and thoughtful with their posts - the ad hominem argument while a reasonable discussion about the technical validity of damage to a Wii from [hacked] video playback is a bit childish.

Carry on.

venomhotbo said:
@DT what kind of chip you got in your wii?

Venom

Hey dude ~

I'm chip free - I don't mind supporting the developers and not having to hassle with potential mod issues. Being a developer and having a good bit of I/C under my belt, I feel 100% OK with paying (plus I'm in a good place cashflow wise, so it's not a big deal).

Not a commentary on what you choose to do, but just what I choose for myself :)

To be honest, if we make the time for 3 or 4 games a *year* we'll be doing good (we're like 10% into Zelda after 2 months), so it's not like our yearly gaming expenses are very high - we've got a pretty busy lifestyle too, so our energy is directed to other stuff like travel, I road race, etc.

Seeya ~

DT

Skippy said:
Wow... Seriously, you're digging yourself a deeper hole...

Being a doctor means you have a doctorate degree (Phd) in a particular field of study. It's not specific to medicine...

You said before that your brother is studying electrical engineering. You realize that he could eventually get a doctorate degree in electrical engineering and then be properly referred to as a doctor? Would you then proceed to insult him?

Seriously... I'm now convinced you're not for real and are just goofing around on purpose with your messages. No one could seriously accuse others of being immature and then come back with one of the most immature accusations possible in the same sentence.

I know people can be "doctors" of all sorts of crap, but c'mon to 99% of the public, if you we're to walk into anyplace and say I'm a doctor ... everybody would assume medical doctor because that's pretty much the most important kind, seriously "Hi, I'm a doctor of materials, would you like me to prescribe you some sheet metal and iron piping":scared:

as for making fun of my brother ... OF COURSE I WOULD, he wouldn't be my brother if we didn't constantly bust each others balls ... I actually enjoy when he gets a good shot at me because he's usually hilarious and I love self-depricating humor

a wii key is cool in all i guess its better than trying to buy the dvd attachment for the wii, but i have a dvd player so i dont need that. But isnt modded wiis illegal???

Actually, people I deal with in the scientific and legal feilds do appreciate and respect the title of "doctor" that goes with having a DOCTORATE degree. Children may laugh at it, but people who matter know the score. :lol:

(OTOH, any scientist/engineer I know simply laughs at the mention of "Devry"! :ciappa: )

DrMoze said:
Actually, people I deal with in the scientific and legal feilds do appreciate and respect the title of "doctor" that goes with having a DOCTORATE degree. Children may laugh at it, but people who matter know the score. :lol:

(OTOH, any scientist/engineer I know simply laughs at the mention of "Devry"! :ciappa: )

children may laugh at it?? sorry chief but when you introduce yourself to people as Dr. Whateveryournameis ... people will be like wow what hospital do you work at? your response : no no i'm a doctor of materials. their response : oh ok ... and then snicker/roll eyes behind your back. everyone laughs at it

oh and keep taking all the devry shots you want ... I DIDN'T GO THERE, and could care less. my brother will graduate from there, with no student loans (lower tuition) and probably make maybe 25,000 less than you annually, so i'd rather be in his shoes anyways.

but keep telling yourself your a "real" doctor

skewzzme said:
I never understood the whole DVD importance thing.
Just pop it in a DVD player or a computer. Why is having it on a Wii so important???

Ok I'ma answer this. Because, I have no DVD player and my computer sounds like its gonna explode when I put a disc in it! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!*rips hair out*

I must say don't wail on Devry guys. You don't know what the future of someone is until it is past. As for my career, a person in their first year of high school who has discovered three things. I'm actually not that bad at Science, I bite off more than I can chew in my InfoTech class, and I can not and will never be good at painting.

Last edited:
ENOUGH WITH THE PHDS!!! ok, iggy is deffinately younger than skipper and DrMoze, but stop paying him out! i know he keeps insulting you, but you gotta be the bigger man. ok, so stop arguing with long words and petty insults and GET OVER IT.

iggypop said:
oh and keep taking all the devry shots you want ... I DIDN'T GO THERE, and could care less. my brother will graduate from there, with no student loans (lower tuition) and probably make maybe 25,000 less than you annually, so i'd rather be in his shoes anyways.

I had minimal school loans (under $10k) from undergrad, and never paid a penny in tuition from my M.S. onward. But I *am* impressed that your brother will be making over $250,000/year coming out of Devry! :yikes:

OK, I'll stop now. Killik is right. :yesnod:

Oh yeah. And playing DVDs on a Wii won't harm the laser diode at all. :cool:

DrMoze said:
I had minimal school loans (under $10k) from undergrad, and never paid a penny in tuition from my M.S. onward. But I *am* impressed that your brother will be making over $250,000/year coming out of Devry! :yikes:

OK, I'll stop now. Killik is right. :yesnod:

Oh yeah. And playing DVDs on a Wii won't harm the laser diode at all. :cool:

oh wow, look at me, i make 250K a year :scared: riiiiiiiight. also i'm technically a doctor, although quite possibly the gayest type of doctor ever heard of, i'm a 44 year old who plays nintendo as much as a 14 year old, while I should be spending time trying to move out of my mom's basement, find a wife, and generally grow-up to what NORMAL 40 year olds do. i'm a pathetic man-child, but all my internet friends and internet girlfriends think i'm cool (and of course my mom does to)

get a life

p.s. playing dvd's will harm the wiis laser diode

Back