Finally got my Wii and i have some questions!

261311 said:
Have some patience >_> make sure you've set up your online as well or you'll never receive it.

haha i actually forgot to mention that. :lol::aureola:

lol you guys forgot 2 mention that you must have you wii online... is your wii connected to the internet?? if you have wireless it should just pick it up other wise you need to buy a cord... having the internet on your wii is great i suggest you do it NOW... other wise get a sd card you camera should be able to recive it what do you mean by memory stick?? also cant you plug ur cam into the back of the wii where the usb ports are i havnt ever tried but it looks possible

toomstone said:
lol you guys forgot 2 mention that you must have you wii online... is your wii connected to the internet?? if you have wireless it should just pick it up other wise you need to buy a cord... having the internet on your wii is great i suggest you do it NOW...

someone did mention that, but yeah it was late in the thread :lol:

toomstone said:
what do you mean by memory stick?? also cant you plug ur cam into the back of the wii where the usb ports are i havnt ever tried but it looks possible

memory stick is sony's format for memory cards in camera, camcorders, etc. they don't use SD or anything they use their own format and it is called Memory Stick, (see also Memory Stick Pro Duo and Memory Stick Micro.)

toomstone said:
also cant you plug ur cam into the back of the wii where the usb ports are i havnt ever tried but it looks possible

as far as i know that is not possible. the usb ports can't be used for flash drives, or data transfer. All they can be used for as far as i know, are fans, chargers, lan adaptor, drive dr(3rd party do-dad that connects your wii to your comp for data streaming, don't ask me if it works though, i haven't heard anything about it), and basically as a USB power source for things like ipods, phones and a few other items.

edit: forgot to put keyboards in the section of crap that works with the USB ports.

Last edited:
toomstone said:
lol you guys forgot 2 mention that you must have you wii online
No, I didn't forget. But wireless isn't necessary if you're using the SD card to transfer pictures, which is by-far the simplest and best method.

also cant you plug ur cam into the back of the wii where the usb ports are i havnt ever tried but it looks possible
Just because it has USB ports doesn't mean every possible USB device is supported. Right now, the only things that work are USB keyboards and the USB network adapter. Well, fans too but all they're doing is tapping into the voltage coming off the port.

yea but... on the manual it says do not connect thing to the wii that we didn't say you could or w/e

The Wii manual was designed for when the Wii first came out. There have been developments since. There are network adapters and USB keyboards that now work since a recent firmware update, and of course the fans which just tap the USB power.

so i can plug my camera via USB and transfer my photos?

bonguet said:
so i can plug my camera via USB and transfer my photos?
NO. :mad5:

Did you even bother to read any of what was said in this thread just a few posts before you???

Back