Finally MS doing something about the 3 flashing red lights

ics

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
source
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

Open Letter From Peter Moore
To our Xbox Community:

You've spoken, and we’ve heard you. Good service and a good customer experience are areas of the business that we care deeply about. And frankly, we've not been doing a good enough job.

Some of you have expressed frustration with the customer experiences you have had with Xbox 360; frustration with having to return your console for service after receiving the general hardware error message on the console.

The majority of customers who own Xbox 360 consoles have had a terrific experience from their first day, and continue to, day in and day out. But when anyone questions the reliability of our product, or our commitment to our customers, it's something I take very seriously.

We have been following this issue closely, and with on-going testing have identified several factors that can cause a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. To address this issue, and as part of our ongoing work, we have already made certain improvements to the console.

We are also implementing some important policy changes intended to keep you in the game, worry-free.

As of today, all Xbox 360 consoles are covered by an enhanced warranty program to address specifically the general hardware failures indicated by the three flashing red lights on the console. This applies to new and previously-sold consoles. While we will still have a general one year console warranty (two years in some countries), we are announcing today a three-year warranty that covers any console that displays a three flashing red lights error message. If a customer has an issue indicated by the three flashing red lights, Microsoft will repair the console free of charge—including shipping—for three years from the console’s purchase date. We will also retroactively reimburse any of you who paid for repairs related to problems indicated by this error message in the past. In doing so, Microsoft stands behind its products and takes responsibility to ensure that every Xbox 360 console owner continues to have a fantastic gaming experience.

If we have let any of you down in the experience you have had with your Xbox 360, we sincerely apologize. We are taking responsibility and are making these changes to ensure that every Xbox 360 owner continues to have a great experience.

This will take a few days to roll out globally, and I appreciate your continued patience as we launch this program. I've posted an FAQ that should address some additional questions, and we'll update it over the next few days.

I want to thank you, on behalf of all us at Microsoft, for your loyalty.

Mitch2025 said:
and i decided yesterday i wanted to open mine and attempt to fix it. dammit!
lol?! youre joking? that would suck if not
and btw, this is awesome, now im worry free

no, im not joking. i opend the case, removed the GPU heatsink, cleaned off the old thermal paste and replaced it with some arctic silver 5 because i thought the error was because the thermal paste wasnt doing a good enough job at transfering the heat from the chip to the heatsink but i guess thats not it because it didnt fix it at all. this pisses me off

well i broke the seal (the microsoft sticker thats on the case under the faceplate) and while attempting to open it, i broke one of the clips that hold the case together (it has like 8 just on the back so it doesnt prevent the case from closing at all. cant even tell its broken unless you know a clip was supposed to be there)

just say you got the system off of ebay and the guy who sent it said that MS repared it once and aftre that it worked fine

and say they put in a new paste or something

im thinking about sending it in anyways. it couldnt hurt, im guessing they are gonna be getting alot of 360's in soon so they will be too busy to check for stickers. if they do refuse to fix it after seeing it, they will just send it back. it cant hurt!

im going to but im waiting untill tomarrow to call because ive heard it sometimes takes about an hour of being on hold untll you get to someone who can ship you a box

this is costing microsoft over 1 billion dollars
no longer can we consider them an evil corporation

Sovieto said:
this is costing microsoft over 1 billion dollars
no longer can we consider them an evil corporation
Billy donated BILLIONS of dollars to charity. he used to have something like 75 billion before he donated some of it and now he has like 47 billion. doesnt sound to evil to me lol

Mitch2025 said:
Billy donated BILLIONS of dollars to charity. he used to have something like 75 billion before he donated some of it and now he has like 47 billion. doesnt sound to evil to me lol
wow, billions of dollars later and theres still poverty and hunger and poor broke losers on the streets, its almost as if the charities are just taking all the money and spending just enough on some people to keep them alive..

Back