Finally purchased a Wii! Need some game suggestions.

Jegas

WiiChat Member
Jun 9, 2007
Grabbed a Wii this morning at Target and was just checking to see what everyone suggests I check out?

I purchased Super Paper Mario because, hello, it's Mario! However, it's a bit slow in the beginning. I'm not so sure if I like it just yet. Does it pick up or what?

I'll probably purchase Wii Play because it's a great deal with the remote.

I was told Wario Ware and the ER game or something. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Also, what is a good Wii tutorial site to where I can read up on anything and everything related to the Wii? Re: points, virtual consoal, etc...

Thanks guys!

Don't worry man, super paper mario will get better ( in my opinion anyway ). For game suggestions check out zelda for sure! It is a great and epic game. If your into the more violent kinda games, check out godfather, that's a good one too! Hope I could help!

Virtual console is nothing but a drain on your Wallet. What type of games do you like? Personally I suggest going to the local used game store and picking up a bunch of Gamecube games. You'll get far more for the money and besides most Wii games are nearly identicle to their GC versions.

Zelda gets boring, Wii Play is crap, Excite Truck is awesome but short, Wario Ware is great but multi player lets it down, PGA tours is awesome, Strikers Charged is fun but crap online oh and Elebits is boring too.

I really love the golf on the Sports. I think I might check out Tiger Woods '07.

Also, I love the use of the wiimote, so what games really make use of the uniqueness of it?

For Gamecube games, can I just purchase the classic controller, or will I need a specific GC controller.

Red Steel is great for 4 player romps, but the controls could be tighter (don't let anyone catch you from behind). Red Steel 2 (2008) was rumored to maybe possibly bring the online vs multiplayer with it.

I'm a big Zelda fan, but I've been away from consoles for some time, so I'm starting with OoT and advancing thru MM and WW before I try TP. I should get my GC Zelda Collector's Disc sometime next week. But I recommend every Zelda title.

Right now The Godfather looks like one of the coolest games I've never played. Building up your turf, roughing up the competition, and doing it with your very own hands? Sandbox title that's on my list.

In August, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption comes out. If that's your genre, you might want to save up for it.

Depending on your circumstances (did you own a GC?), the gamecube library (via ebay) can be a very nice place to get some bargain games. You don't get to use the wiimote (the wavebird is a great controller), but you get Metroid Prime, Beyond Good or Evil, some MK title, A Bond (I recommend EON), Soul Calibur II, Star Wards Rogue Squadron, and that will pretty well round you out for a while. Mario 64 on the VC is worth 10$, though not all titles can say that. Plenty to hold you over until the big titles start rolling in.

If you like pokemon get Pokemon Battle Revolution when it comes out on June 25th, Zelda Twilight Princess, ummmm...... Mario Party 8

You are correct Paper Mario is slow in the beginning, it will get better, it is a great game.

I really recommend Zelda TP if you are ready to devote some time to a game. I usually am not a fan of RPG type games, but this is a fantastic title, I think every Wii owner should have it because of the great control scheme.

Warioware is short, I would say buy it if you wanted to have it just in case you and a group of friends get really tossed and play it. Crazy game, another one you at least have to rent, you need to experience it.

Excitetruck is another that you should at least rent. Really fun to play for a while.

PGA Tour takes some learning curve to it, not as easy as other consoles, in my opinion, but that makes it more like real golf, where I hit double bogeys on a regular basis. =)

There are fantastic looking games on the way.

The Wii has a lot of rentals in my opinion. Go to the rental store before you buy anything, plus anything you beat while you rent it is still saved in memory.

I fifth Zelda-TP, Red Steel was alright...but I'd recommend renting it first. There's all kinds of games coming out...check this out-http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/29470-what-games-you-looking-foward.html

That is a good thread for games coming soon...

BTW, Lowtek...your sig is great.

If your having trouble deciding if the games are good or not pick up a Gamecube controller, and get a couple games. Thats what I did when I got my Wii. Get Mario Kart Double Dash, Super Mario Sunshine, or the Metroid series.

Jegas said:
Grabbed a Wii this morning at Target and was just checking to see what everyone suggests I check out?

I purchased Super Paper Mario because, hello, it's Mario! However, it's a bit slow in the beginning. I'm not so sure if I like it just yet. Does it pick up or what?

I'll probably purchase Wii Play because it's a great deal with the remote.

I was told Wario Ware and the ER game or something. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Also, what is a good Wii tutorial site to where I can read up on anything and everything related to the Wii? Re: points, virtual consoal, etc...

Thanks guys!

Hi Congrats on the WII!

I am also new to the WII and was Disappointed with Paper Mario.

The games I like because they use the feature of the WII motion controls are:

Wario Ware: A bunch of very quick games that require you to do all sorts of moves with the WII motion. Easy at first but get harder.

Elebits is a lot of fun also and you use the remote in many ways

Mario Party 8 - Fun game that mimicks a board game and has mini games that use the WII motion. Good if you have somone to play with but may be a little slow by yourself.

Raman Raving Rabbids - Fun games that use the WII motion and you build on completing tasks.

The WII Play is a good deal with the extra controller. So you can't beat it.

I would recommend GameFly. You can rent games to try them first and if you like them you can buy the used version cheaper than used in the store. That way you don't pay $$$ for a game you don't like.

Last edited:
I can reccomend a variety of games:

Actual Wii games:

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Mercuary Meltdown Revolution
Sonic And The Secret Rings
ExciteTruck
Mario Strikers Charged (Football)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Mario Party 8
TMNT

Gamecube games (playable on Wii)

Animal Crossing
Tony Hawk's Skateboarding Series
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Party Series
Wario Ware Inc: Mega Party Games
Donkey Konga Series
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Super Monkey Ball Series
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Mario Power Tennis

Wii Virtual Console Games

Bonk's Adventure
Bomberman 93
Super Star Soldier
Soldier Blade
R-Type
Moto Roader
Dragon's Curse
New Adventure Island
Victory Run
Battle Lode Runner
Bonk's Revenge
Chew Man Fu
Shockman
Blazing Lazers
World Sports Competition
Dead Moon

Theres not much point listing him huge chunks of the Wii library! :p I assume the OP is not mega rich and wants to narrow down his games choices to the best few?

I think Zelda is a must. If your in Europe Mario Strikers Charged is brilliant, awesome online mode. Other than that it really depends on the genres you like. Consider Excite Truck or Godfather. If your really set on an FPS MoH is probably the best of a bad bunch. For the moment, anyway.

Adam Wii said:
I can reccomend a variety of games:

Actual Wii games:

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Mercuary Meltdown Revolution
Sonic And The Secret Rings
ExciteTruck
Mario Strikers Charged (Football)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Mario Party 8
TMNT

Rayamn is rubbish(in my opinion), sonic is pretty average, excite is awesome but gets boring after a while, mario strikers charged well im hearing its awesome from friends and im getting it after my last exam on june 25th. Is mario party 8 out yet?
What i recommend is getting another wiimote and nunchuck(if you dont allready) invite friends and play wii sports, till the other games come out later this year.

Back