Find a Wii - Tips, Tricks, Helpful Links

stljason1 said:
Yea, so I guess the question now is if they are holding all their units for a bigger release on the 21st, or are still going to be releasing some on monday.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Monday. They'll probably have to hold everything they get in order to have 20+ for all stores on the 21st.

At least you know to focus on TRU and CC this week!

And I would def check a stores ad next weekend before heading over. I doubt that ALL stores will be having the sales.

Bumping this thread for the Weekend Wii-Hunt Warriors...

Also wanted to point out that itrackr.com can be used to find controllers as well. Sign up (free) and go to "Hot Items" followed by "Game Consoles" and finally "Game Accessories".

Happy hunting!

Appears to have been confirmed. Look on p.6 of next week's Target flyer to see if it's happening in your area.

Plan to get there E-A-R-L-Y, lots of people will know about this one!

Target is go for wii's on the 21st.

Here is a link to a preview of the flyer. Wii's are listed at $249.99 on page six.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=489562

Prepare to campout (or at least get there reeeeaaallllly early). Good luck!!

For all of you guys looking for Wiimotes and Nunchucks I have them and willing to let them go for what I got them for. IF you guys pay the 3% paypal fee so im not losing money. I paid $39.99+8.25% tax+$7 shipping for each Wiimote. $19.99+8.25% tax+$7 shipping each nunchuck. Let me know. They are just sitting here. I have quite a few left of each. Im paypal verified with 100% ebay feedback.

The back door inventory is apparently more accurate than the tools Circuit City has at their own disposal. A horror story: Circuit City pissed me off – I was in line for 30 minutes trying to pay for a controller – when they scanned it, it said something like “UNIT CANNOT BE PURCHASED APART FROM PACKAGE” or some crap. I asked what I had to purchase additionally, and they were like “I don’t know. Maybe the other controller [nun chuck]?” Then they kept just looking it up on the computer. They looked like monkeys, trying to do the same thing over and over and over, hoping that eventually it would work. This guy was in the back for about 10 minutes supposedly talking to a manager, but I watched him and he wasn’t doing anything. I finally asked them if he was still checking and the girl took me to the back so I could try to order it online and then pick it up instore, but she couldn’t find it online on their website, then this other manager tried looking it up for about 10 or 15 minutes while I just sat there. Finally, he scanned something else that was $39.99 and let me pay for it that way. Apparently he looked it up on Best Buy's website and some other big box sites and saw that it was never bundled with anything else. I was 20 minutes late coming back from lunch and had to eat a slim jim from Circuit City for lunch…

Well here is a small glimmer of hope for those of us still on the hunt. I called two local Targets (Boston area), and they told me they aren't selling them until 1/21. I got an alert from itrackr saying they had them in stock.

Hopefully I will be wii'ing by 8:15 on Sunday

Kristi1696 said:
Prepare to campout (or at least get there reeeeaaallllly early). Good luck!!
I'm expecting a couple of campers, but is a whole line of campers expected. I plan to go to Target 2 hours before opening. Is that enough time?

MassiveDamage said:
I'm expecting a couple of campers, but is a whole line of campers expected. I plan to go to Target 2 hours before opening. Is that enough time?

Maybe, maybe not. If you REALLY want a Wii, I suggest the following:

1. Go to target mad early (2:00am?), see if there is a line.
2. If no line, go back to bed for an hour.
3. Repeat

Get your tail in line as soon as you see people lining up.

-Merc

mercinary said:
Maybe, maybe not. If you REALLY want a Wii, I suggest the following:

1. Go to target mad early (2:00am?), see if there is a line.
2. If no line, go back to bed for an hour.
3. Repeat

Get your tail in line as soon as you see people lining up.

-Merc
Thanks, hopefully there aren't much people at the time I get there. I work the overnight shift, and I get off work at 6am, while the store opens at 8. If I seen 1 or 2 people there I'm heading to the line.

Lufie101 said:
mercinary, do you happen to know the Gamestop Back Door Availability link for Classic Controllers?

Took a little digging, but I figured it out. I updated my first post in this thread with a link for the classic controller.

-Merc

Hello, new to the forum and of course trying to find a wii. I've seen classic controllers hanging in Meijer (Chicago area) and Target. I've also heard about the 21st and plan to be at Target between 4 and 5 am. I tried before Xmas, once at 7 am (no shipment expected, just feeling lucky that morning) then on a morning at 6:30 am when I knew they were coming but it was waaaay too late. Tents and chairs everywhere. We are expecting snow Sunday the 21st so maybe that will scare others away! :cornut:

lansaguy said:
We are expecting snow Sunday the 21st so maybe that will scare others away! :cornut:

Same here. Supposed to snow Saturday night, and Sunday day. Bonus is, there is a Gamestop, and Walmart by this Target. I hope the snow scare some away :hand:

Bingo! Finally got one at Target this morning. My daughter and I were there at a little after 2 am and it started snowing around 3:30 but I was prepared. Turned out that there were plenty Wii for all who were there before 8 am but I wasn't taking a chance this time. What we didn't realize was that the big competition was going to be for extra controllers and nunchucks. Once we got tickets at 7:15 we were told we could come back between 8 and 10 to get the Wii. We ate at McD and got back in line (this time we were about #15 in line instead of #2). The accessories (extra controllers, nunchucks, and Zelda) were 1st come 1st serve for people with tickets. We got the last controller, and nunchucks sold out a couple of people ahead. From there we zipped over to Meijer grocery store (lesser-known Wii seller) and picked up the 2nd nunchuck and Happy Feet. Thank God this whole ordeal is over. Oh wait... now I have to find a DS Lite!!!

Back