Find a Wii - Tips, Tricks, Helpful Links

It looks like Nintendo has really upped their shipments of Wii's. Hopefully those looking for them have not given up and will take the time to look around. I have wanted a Wii for some time and about a week ago, decided it was time to buy one. I found target had been receiving shipments all last week, but was told when I called they didn't have them. They were saving them for the Sunday ad. Of course the store I went to, only had 9 of them and I didn't get up early enough. I checked the Target Backdoor webpage in the morning and afternoon. They started getting more shipments in on Tuesday as they were being unboxed when I got there. Told several people about it and most stores still had some in the next day. The backdoor number 2 seems to be down right now, so I'm not sure if they still have them or not.

Point is, just be patient and keep checking threads like this. I'm guessing that more and mroe will be arriving at the stores starting this month. Stay away from Ebay, it's not worth paying all the shipping and handling charges and the premium. You can get one at cost in a week if you just keep looking.

I found one yesterday, mostly due to this thread. I used itrackr to find out that a GameStop nearby got a shipment in. I got there at 11:30ish (about 1.5 hrs after they opened) and they still had some left. Of course, I called ahead of time to confirm that they got some in, but they wouldn't tell me exactly how many they had in stock.

FYI, I have only been looking for a couple of days. It helps that I'm in a fairly large market (Houston), but they are out there.

I just joined. I'm looking for a Wii in the Pittsburgh area. I just decided to get one a week ago or so and was completely SHOCKED that they are still so hard to come by! It seems I'm just behind on all the tricks - the backdoors aren't working, iTrackr in my area appears to be crap, etc. Any tips for an amateur would be greatly appreciated!

We're going to try Target early tomorrow morning and probably TRU as well. iTrackr said that several local Targets are in stock but when my husband called, they said they had each had 2 on Sunday - iTrackr said they were in stock just from Tuesday!

Anyway, I love to hear that there are people buying them and returning them to try to thwart some of the "scalpers"! I really got a good chuckle out of that!

I checked this morning after hearing that but it must not be available because there is no option to add it to my cart. The Spider Man bundle was also gone by the time I checked. Hopefully I'll have luck in the store in the morning.

I have good news for those who are looking for Wii. I stumbled upon a site (http://www.smartratings.com/review/electronics/video_gaming_consoles/86) where you can access an online store that is supposed to be selling lots of Wii's. I don't know how long this could last but definately, as of Saturday May 4, 2007 stocks are available. Maybe, you should check this out if this happens to be true. Good luck.

Just got a Wii! I had a feeling TRU were holding them for their Spider Man sale and was right. The salesman confirmed they were holding them to release them today. I got there 15 min after it opened and they had a bunch of them. I'm guessing they had 20 coupons to give out at least. The salesman expected them to be gone by noon. I hope someone else can take advantage of this in time!

I believe that there is evidence that the latest round of Wii shortages is over. TRU had Wii's this past Saturday for over 12 hours, and two local SoCal BBs had Wii's in stock for an entire day. I picked one up, and at least in my case, the stories of poor build quality appear to be false.

I don't know about anywhere else, but it seems my local Wal-Mart gets Wii's in every Sunday morning at midnight, then advertises them in the Sunday paper. You really gotta show up at midnight to get one though. I actually managed to get a good deal on eBay for mine, though. The dude had it up for a buy it now price of 280 or so, practically the cheapest on eBay. Guess I got lucky.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input... after a few weeks of searching, i was finally able to get my wii, thanks to the gamestop backdoor site. Although i was always skeptical of whether or not it was accurate, it ended up landing me a wii. Thanks again!

Wii at Circuit City June 10th

I finally found my Wii console at Gamestop using the backdoor method mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Thanks to the advice of this helpful thread!

If you don't know already, Circuit City will have at least 10 Wii's in stock this Sunday morning. Here's more on the details:
Find a Wii This Weekend

Back