Finding a Wii

WizKid

Raving Rabbit
Nov 13, 2006
Opelika, AL
Hi. Being really irritated that Nitendo says the next shipment will be December 8th, I decided to start looking to see if I could find a local seller of a new, unopened, Wii.

I found one, in the town that I live. I hate eBay (it sucks). However, on WiiSeeker, I saw that there was one seller in Opelika, AL that is selling a Wii on eBay and that just ended a couple of minutes ago.

I clicked on the link, and then I clicked on the seller's profile to try to contact him. But it wants me to login!!! Idiots! I just want contact information!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

By making it so hard to contact (in person) either via e-mail or by phone (by not posting the information, eBay has really jumped the gun on this one. This results in a seperation of buyer and the seller. That is, they do not get to meet each other. This is especially a big time-water if you live in the same town as the seller. :sad:

Even though it is now sold (at a price of $367), I have a feeling I still have chance. If if I could just get the sellers name, number, and address I could call him.

After all, since the guy lives in the same town as I do, there would be a very likely chance that he would take my offer (by meeting me in persion), and I would either pay him $280. After all, I think he gouged the price on eBay because of shipping.

I still think it's possible, because the guy probably won't send it out for a day or two. :smilewinkgrin:

Any suggestions on how I can dig up this info?

Last edited:
@LolygagerX:
Look at the first post. I added the link.

@Mmy:

Yes, I am being patient. However, I fear that there will sell out (like they did at launch) on December 8th. That is why I would like to explore all possible avenues of getting one.

After all, it's really hard to pass up when the seller lives in the same town...

They didnt post so some crazed weirdo can come accost them in person and offer them less than what they can already get for their product.

@LolygagerX:

Look at the first post. I have updated it with the link.

@MMy:

Yes, I am being patient. It's just that it's very likely that they'll sell out in the same manner now as they did on launch day where I live, because more than likely, each store will only get 20. Just like last time. :(

Besides, it's really hard to pass up an offer like this, especially when the seller lives in the same town...

Information, information.....

If the person that started eBay was still there, I can guarantee you that you would be able to get the phone number and address, plus the e-mail address of the seller. eBay is a wasteland... :(

Last edited:
Your a moron. This thread is now about kittens.

I want a Hemingway cat (polydactyl), they're adorable. Heres a pic.

poly1.jpg

Last edited:
Mmy said:
Your a moron. This thread is now about kittens.

I want a Hemingway cat (polydactyl), they're adorable. Heres a pic.

poly1.jpg

Rule 1: Do not assume I am a moron.

I am just afraid of shortages..the Wii launch was horrendous. All the stores only got 20 each. I have a feeling that will be the same this December, because of the population density of the town.

Do you really want Nitendo to go the way if Commodore? After all, they are a few similarities between the Wii and the (now discontinued) AmigaOne series. I would be suprised if Asus bought some of MAI's fab plants and based the design of the Wii's mobo on the Teron CX.

After all, for a while the Teron CX mobos and the GameCube where made in the same factory!!! Ironic, eh? Not really, because they used the same core archicture.

Last edited:
Go back to crying and plotting your ****ing stalking/accosting of innocent wii owners. This is a thread about cats.

Back to the topic. Does anyone here own cats?

For somebody who calls them self WizKid, you're totally failing to comprehend what eBay actually is.

If you are desperate to speak to the seller then why not just click the "Ask Seller A Question" link?

eBay aren't going to put people's phone numbers, email and home addresses in the public domain are they! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez.:scared:

Oh FFS, I just re-read your original post - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED! The seller now has a contract with the highest bidder. :mad:

Last edited:
Samster said:
For somebody who calls them self WizKid, you're totally failing to comprehend what eBay actually is.

If you are desperate to speak to the seller then why not just click the "Ask Seller A Question" link?

eBay aren't going to put people's phone numbers, email and home addresses in the public domain are they! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez.:scared:

Oh thank god another smart person has come to this thread.

Whats the most epic cat name you've heard? My friend has a cat named Freya. I love it.

A Wii is not a cat. Are you referring to Nitendogs?

And to reinforence my previous post, the reason why I starteed this thread in the first place was because (in addition to the seller conincidence) was because resellers (like BB & TRU) don't know when they are getting new stock in, let alone how many. The uncertainty is what basically lead to this thread. I'm sure other members who are in the same boat feel and same way. So please, don't throw around basekess insults, okay? ;)

Learn to spell and stop being a creep. And this thread will be gone of the cat talk.

Have you ever seen a cat after a dose of the 'nip? Hilarity, cats are too damn cute.

I had a mate year's ago who simply called his cat "Dave".

You'd go round his house and he'd say, "This is my wife Rachael, my daughter Lily - oh....and this is Dave".

Bwahaahaahaaaaaaaa! I thought it was a crackin' name for a cat.

We've a long haired cat called Amber. Nice cat but very very dim.:nonod:

14thMar001.jpg

Back