Firmware 1.90

GamerCon

WiiChat Member
May 23, 2007
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/07/23/firmware-190-coming-soon/

Amazing the fact its not good enough for a lot of people. I say Sony should just say **** it and stop giving updates. Sad how unappreciated they are.

Heres the full list of updates:

* XMB backgrounds
* Move games in XMB up and down
* Eject games, CD's and movies from XMB by pressing triangle, and selecting "Eject Disk"
* Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI
* Change the frequency of music to either 44.1, 88.2, or 176.4 kHz
* Change the PS3 video settings in-game
* Change the output settings – like the upscaling options and smoothing – while you're playing PS and PS2 games
* Bookmark function in the file menu of the web browser

Last edited:
I know finally someone said something nice thread, rep me since were on the same level about Sony.

I like it, always wanted to use a different background. Also, I like how you can eject the disk with the controller.

I don't understand all the technical stuff though

Really need own music during gameplay though... Makes scary games less scary if I have my own music in the background

Nice updates. Sony focused on the PS1-2 updates, and the video errors. It's not so much their fault as it is the people who make HD TVs. The damn things have crap on them like Auto Focus which equals auto blur! Which is why I'm holding out for better TV technology. I know it's only a matter of time.

alot of people dont like the updates because they are modders or modded. Most of the mods need old firmware. Anyone like me who doesnt mod loves these things. XMB BG thing is cool.

Pretty cool. This is the first update I've been through. How often are these coming out BTW?

Also, I was thinking it would be cool to have assignable controller hot keys while in xmb mode. Like if you hit L1 it goes straight to the games tab, R1 movies, L1 music, etc. etc

Last edited:
Once a month. Maybe twice if they need to patch something.

PtonJalken said:
alot of people dont like the updates because they are modders or modded. Most of the mods need old firmware. Anyone like me who doesnt mod loves these things. XMB BG thing is cool.
Its not that hard to trick it into thinking that you have the updated firmware so you can still go online.

Damn, everything you download from the PSN is slow as ****....

Back