Firmware Help

Bd337

1337 Nigg!
May 13, 2007
Miami
I'm trying to sell my wii to a friend. The only problem is that he wants the wii to be cleared of EVERYTHING including game files, wiishop channel account, and any updates I did to it. Unfortunately for me I don't know how to get rid of the recent firmware update.....Can someone explain how to do this or is it impossible without a modchip?

the most you can do is format system memory, from the wii options,

whether that gets rid of firmware im not sure?

try it and find out, if it doesnt i dont think its possible

Yea, I did that and the new firmware update is still on my wii :mad5: I got rid of all of my channels, wiishop account, and i formated the wii(twice now). So it's basically impossible??

JerryC said:
Unless there is Wii downgrade program (like the psp).. search that on google
Its a funny thing you should mention that because when i google for the firmware downgrade all that shows up is the psp downgrade. I also posted this thread on another wii forum and one of the users posted that my best option was to buy another wii. It sucks though cause im trying to sell it, not buy another one :mad5: I'm going to email nintendo to see what their solution is

why would your friend want an older version of the firmware? firmware updates are released to make improvements on the current or older firmware. unless he wants to mod chip the wii and the mod chip only works on older firmware im not sure?

definately no way to downgrade the wii firmware unless somebody comes up with a way to do it with an SD card or something somehow

If he bought it off you with a lower firmware, he would be forced to update it anyway or he would not be able to play online.

LG416 said:
why would your friend want an older version of the firmware? firmware updates are released to make improvements on the current or older firmware. unless he wants to mod chip the wii and the mod chip only works on older firmware im not sure?

definately no way to downgrade the wii firmware unless somebody comes up with a way to do it with an SD card or something somehow

He said he wanted an older firmware to use a freeloader of some sort to play some naruto game he got from asia, im not sure.

@Frummage-He wasnt planning on going online i think

also, many of the iiw games make you update he wii first time you play it, many people dont realise this as it usually only happens with the first game you play,

for instance mario strikers forces you to update but some other games piggy back this update,

but if you insert one of these games first it will happen the other way around

Nintendo also purposely does this updates to prevent game pirating. You wont be able to downgrade becuz when you found out this paticular update causes your system to be blocked off when you use a mod chip you could just downgrade it afterwards. Thats not how ninty works sorry.

but at least ninty are kind enough to tell us they are going to
screw up our consoles forever just to save themsleves some money on piracy

unlike microHARD and Sony who just shove a brick in our consoles when were not looking. took me ages to find out whhy my xbox was heavier than normal

Ya thats true, but they dont tell you which updates will cause the blocking, thats why you cant downgrade, becuz you'll update the firmware that screws up pirating for you without you know.

ps. very funny heavy x-box joke

Back