First Dead Wii?

Daleon

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
After a nice LONG day of sitting outside freezing to death, I got 22 of 27 Wii's at a Wally World. Got it home, all hooked up fine. Powered right up, looked good. Put in the setup info. Went into the make my Mii editor. Made my guy, saved him. It then drops him into a room I guess where you can look at him and interact with it. I hit the B-button and WHAM. Video goes out, power light on my Wii is dead? I check everything, all looks fine. Try some other power plugs, disconnect everything for 10 minutes, hook it back up, pull batteries from controller, etc etc etc. Nada, no power to my Wii at all. WTF is this?

Checked the AC adapter, its the right model. I don't know if its the Wii or the power brick, but its pretty upsetting to say the least. If this is a bug that kills consoles dead, thats pretty lousy QA on N's part.

Take it back if it doesn't work. Get a replacement or money back. Wouldn't surprise me if some units are dodgey and wont work. Guess its the same with anything - some are bound to be rotten eggs.

Really sorry to here that but even the best quality controller are bound to have some dodgy consoles that slip through. Take it back, you will probaly get one in a week or two as i would have thought u would be put on the top of the pile.

you checked your circuit trips?, try plugging something else in teh same socket see if it works

Yes, there are plenty of other things getting power from the plugs I am trying.

Not sure on taking it back. Obviously they won't have a "replacement" in stock for me. And I don't know if they will do just a full refund since its opened. Not sure what Wally Worlds policy is on stuff like this.

Going to take it to one of my friends and try it with their power supply and see if thats it or not.

if i was you my friend id take it back tell them what happend and if thay have a disply one say u want to try the power supply of that and if it works you say im taking that if its your wii you take the wii

Mine wont read discs

I get a disc error with all three games - it goes to a black screen tells me to eject the disc, power off for 5 minutes and try again. I have tried many times with all three discs. I am bummed!!!

The nintendo warranty card says to not take it back to the store(like they are going to have any anyway) so I filled out the RMA form online and will be waiting 4-10 days for a mailing label.

SIGH SIGH SIGH

Daleon said:
Yes, there are plenty of other things getting power from the plugs I am trying.

Not sure on taking it back. Obviously they won't have a "replacement" in stock for me. And I don't know if they will do just a full refund since its opened. Not sure what Wally Worlds policy is on stuff like this.

Going to take it to one of my friends and try it with their power supply and see if thats it or not.

They HAVE to give you a refund, it's illegal if they don't as it's a hardware problem within like one day of buying it, that's like a shop selling you a broken tv and saying "naaah no refund" if you bring it back.

you can bring it back, but walmart wont do a damn thing about it except probably give you a credit.

If you contact nintendo, they'll work with you on fixing it. ...if you cant determine it's just the power supply, just order one of those and you're golden. As for the disk error.... that sucks man.

same thing happened to me, was playing wii sports on sunday for 1/2 hour, and everything goes blank.... *sigh*..... im taking mine back by the end of the week if my new power cord isn't the issue.

m7ticalm said:
Did your power go out? Or was it just your wii.........

lol tricky 1 that init, lol if his power in his house went out then how did he come on here and post,

If it was a laptop then the router wouldnt work due to it needs power, So i dont think it was due to a big power trip lol.

If it was me i'd kick it around a few times hopin for the best lol

Back