First impression of Wii Sports Resort...

I picked up Wii Sports Resort today. Couldn't get a second WMP (store didn't have any, despite having lots of copies of the game available), so I need to keep my eyes peeled for that. I spent around 2 hours playing it tonight and on the whole I enjoy it. I have not yet played all the sports, but I'll try to comment on those I tried.

Bowling was quite challenging due to the more sensitive motion control. I've bowled 300 in the original Wii Sports and I doubt I will manage that any time soon in this game, as the most consecutive strikes I was able to get tonight was three.

Table tennis was enjoyable because the WMP gives you the control I wish I had in the original Wii Sports tennis game. Seeing the WMP in action makes me wish they had included a tennis game in this one. This game is a lot more sensitive to whether you're swinging forehand or backhand.

Basketball three-point shooting is a neat game, but having to pick up each ball in turn seems like it will become annoying. (You have to reach your remote down whilst hitting "B" to pick up the ball, then use the remote in a shooting motion to shoot three-pointers.) I suppose in actual three-point contests the shooter has to pick up the balls himself and thus I shouldn't grumble about it, but tonight it got on my nerves.

The swordfighting seems more enjoyable than the boxing in the original Wii Sports. I worked up a bit of a sweat whilst playing this one.

Throwing the Frisbee to the dog was quite difficult. I'm having a lot of trouble getting it aimed well.

Archery is interesting and the 35-yard distance on the beginner game was rather challenging. Holding the remote in my left hand and the nunchuk in my right hand was EXTREMELY unnatural to me since I've always done the opposite in all other games (I play Mario Kart using the remote/nunchuk rather than the wheel, so I use the nunchuk a lot!).

I don't entirely get wakeboarding just yet. I understand the general idea of what you're supposed to do, but controlling it is giving me trouble.

All in all it seems like an entertaining game with enough depth to keep you interested. All the games have multiple modes that you unlock as you play, so it's not simply a game where you just increase your skill level over time like in the original Wii Sports. I agree with "raisinghelen" that online play would have been a nice addition, but its omission doesn't weaken the game too much in my view.

Im finding it quite fun. Haven't played all of the events, but the large majority of them I have. Alot you can do which makes for tons of replayability

How do I see what badges/medals I've earned?????

When you first select which event you want to play and you see the introductory screen (the one where you have to hit "A" before doing anything in that particular event), look up in the top-left corner of your screen and you'll see an icon that expands to the word "Stamps" when you move your cursor over it. Click that icon and it will show your stamps received for that particular event. I'm not aware of any method to see ALL stamps for ALL events at one time.

You also receive a message in the main Wii Menu mailbox when you get a stamp.

Great but why is there a tennis court hidden on the island but no tennis game :mad5:

i think the best games are
the plane
skydiving
basketball
bowling

Plus the opening is great where the first time you play it you are doing skydiving

the only problem is the frisbee it throw it in the wrong place

Last edited:
Great but why is there a tennis court hidden on the island but no tennis game :mad5:

The dogs from the beach ran off with all the tennis balls.

At least that's what it tells you when you fly over.

I liked the first one.So i thought this one was going to be better.I would say my first impression was good.

For those of you having trouble with some of the sports, if you don't mind a little shameless self-promoting, I've written up a few guides here and here. Let me know if they actually help anyone.

I can't get enough Table Tennis. A friend and I took turns tearing through the single player campaign for what must have been hours. The difference the Wii MotionPlus makes is amazing.

Resort?

Since I already own Wii Sports, which came with my Wii

Is it really necessary to spend my money on Wii Sports Resort?

Is it really that much different?

Thoughts?

:yesnod:

Thoughts?

"Necessary"? Of course not. But is it worth spending your money? I think the answer is "Yes."

Thoughts?

I have to agree with 1995hoo. It's a fantastic game and totally worth the money.

so overall its a good game then as my mum is getting me it for xmas :D with my power of persuasion hehe but no im not a mummys boy she always gets me games xmas and birthday and the latest games im also getting cod waw bonus!

I just got the Wii and this game for Christmas...My only complaint is that it is not made to play with others in another city. I'm new to the Wii, so I didn't know about only some games being able to play with others not in the household...I got this game hoping my sister and i could play against each other...but can't...sigh...

I do like most of the games and am having fun playing them...but would have more fun playing against my sis...

Happy Holidays!

Need help with Wii resort

I also just got this game as well as a Wii - including 4 coltrollers. I can use all 4 controllers with teh Wii sports that came with the Wii but I cant figure out how to use more than one controller (and thus more than one player) for any of the games in Wii resort... I have tried everything they describe and everything I can think of.. any help please on how to add another player/controller in some of these games?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I also just got this game as well as a Wii - including 4 coltrollers. I can use all 4 controllers with teh Wii sports that came with the Wii but I cant figure out how to use more than one controller (and thus more than one player) for any of the games in Wii resort... I have tried everything they describe and everything I can think of.. any help please on how to add another player/controller in some of these games?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

You shouldn't have to do anything special, do you have a Wii MotionPlus adapter for each of them? Make sure you can see the pointers for all 4 remotes on the main screen before starting the game.

Back