First Play.com now HMV.. next stop Amazon!

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Just got this email from HMV.co.uk

We are writing to let you know about the Nintendo Wii order you placed with us at HMV.co.uk.

We're very sorry to tell you that, because there weren't enough consoles available from the manufacturer, we'll be unable to fulfil your order on the first day of release. Sadly, the limited supply we received means that only those customers who placed their orders very early on will have a chance of getting their consoles in time for Christmas.

We apologise for this disappointment and will endeavour to secure more Wii consoles from the supplier, getting yours to you as soon as we receive additional shipments. Should anything change, we'll be sure to contact you right away.

:mad2:

You got owned. That's why I'm going to wait outside of Target for like 8 hours.

Sounds silly but you could try an Argos.
It has the laminated books of dreams for a reason you know. And it's not to catch the tears of joy either.... well maybe.

Argos

Hehe, Gotta love Bill Bailey,

Don't forget the pale mythical wardens of the treasure :D

"So many beautiful things, I cannot possess them all :cryin:"

:cornut:

On a slightly more productive note, and to give this post more of a purpose....Argos are still taking pre-orders, I emailed them and asked if they had any left for launch day and they said they were still taking pre orders.

I have no idea if that means they're still taking launch orders or not but they didn't say they'd sold out.
Best of luck ion, i'll be sure to let you know if I find somewhere still taking launch orders. Amazon seems a good bet so make sure you get in early (again)

All the Best

Nintendoid

I originally ordered with play and got the same email you did i0n. And now im with argos. Their site also says "iten will be delivered on the 8th december" or something like that.

Amazon stated for every one wii they recieved they have 100 email signups.

If you want a Wii through amazon they will be freely available to buy on release day you just have to get up at like 4am or so and hit the refresh key over and over for 1-3 hours till they post it and you will get one.

mrserv0n248 said:
Amazon stated for every one wii they recieved they have 100 email signups.

If you want a Wii through amazon they will be freely available to buy on release day you just have to get up at like 4am or so and hit the refresh key over and over for 1-3 hours till they post it and you will get one.

sounds like fun better have a fast pc!

well at least i didnt put it online man you got the cold shoulder
get it in store if they dont call to tell you that you cant get one and they say that at launch they owe you a wii

Back