First Time Wii User With Questions. Please Help

stevenc197

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2010
San Jose
I've never owned a Wii. I've never really played and definitely have NOT studied up on them, or compared and contrasted vs. other consoles.

With that said, I was hoping you guys could help me with a few simple questions.

For Christmas, we received a Limited Edition "RED" Wii Bundle. I haven't hooked it up yet. I bought a NERF brand accessories kit that comes with a baseball bat attachment, racquet attachment and golf club attachment.

First question:

1. It came with one Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller. I want to add another controller for Player-2. I want it to be RED to match what came with the bundle... and I want the official Nintendo one. Where do I find one?? Can anyone send a link? All I am seeing is some other brand!

2. I have a nice Sony Bravia LCD TV and I never ever use the TV sound because everything goes through my Home Theatre Receiver. Is there specifically an "OPTICAL OUT" on the Wii? Or what's the best way to control the sound through my receiver??

3. This may not be a hadware question, but figured you guys may be willing to help. I heard a rumor that you could go to the Nintendo Wii Download Store and buy the original, Classic, from the early 80's version of "DONKEY KONG"?? Is this true? I do NOT mean Donkey Kong Country or any other version of Donkey Kong - just the old, first, original classic. If not, anywhere I can get that?

I really appreciate the help! Anything I need to know or to buy soon that I am leaving out? Thanks !!!!

Hello my name is Sydney and i only just got a wii for christmas a red one with super mario bros with it. I cant help you sorrry but ive got two remotes one red and one black thats not from Nintendo but the black one works fine! Its really hard to find another red one unless you buy another wii? :S
have you got animal crossing city folk?

well im pretty sure you can only get another red remote is by buying another limited edition wii, :frown5: or by prying it from somebodys cold dead hands:yesnod:. sorry. idk on the second question sorry about that. same with the third but ima have to check that out. sorry if none that helped.

I don't know about another Red Wiimote, Wii doesn't have an Optical out (Hook the Red/White cable to your TV and see if your TV has a Optical Out), and yes they have a NES Version which was the Original Donkey Kong that was first introduced as a Coin-op game (Mario Jumping Barrels up an unfinished building).

@stevenc197

1. Here at the Netherlands the only original Wii remotes with a other color that I saw were black and pink. I don't think there is a red Wii remote seperate :(.

2. I don't know anything about optical outputs and stuff sorry :(

3. Yes there is the classic Donkey Kong. Also SNES, N64 games. These are called 'Virtual Consoles'. Al these VC's can be bought with Wii Points. Wii Points are some kind of credits that u can use too buy VC. 1 dollar, euro or whatever is 100 points. The lowest VC is 500 points and the highest is 1200 I think. You can buy these points at the local game, electronic store. There was also a option with a creditcard. Don't know much about that.

Back