First Time Zelda Player. . .

Alex14blue

Ale[X]cellent!
Nov 12, 2007
Twilight Princess is pretty much my first Zelda game and I was wondering if I should use a guide or just wing it and zip through it. I played the Forest Temple level with a guide and it took me over 5 hours to complete it while I was constantly checking the guide to see where to go ahead of time and what to do.

Should I use a guide for this one to get all the heart peices etc. and do everything right, or should I half ass it and do it fast?

dont use a guide...do it all by urself...take ur time and look around every corner...only true way to expierance the game otherwise dont even play cuz ur following someone elses guide line.

do it yourself, best way to experience the games true potential then if you get totally stuck have a lil sneaky peek in the guide

WITHOUT THE GUIDE! The guide is just going to ruin the game for you! The whole fun is the surprise, sense of discovery, and pride in solving the problems! I found every single thing in the game WITHOUT a guide, and, wow, it felt good.

Do it by yourself, without the guide.

If you get totally stuck for days on something, ask for a well-crafted hint from someone with the guide or who has played it that still make you think and work without giving it away.

TP was my first zleda game too! I used a guide all the way through the game >_< i still enjoyed it though. Id recommend you not look at a guide unless you really need to.

i usually do both.. play once without, then play a second and try for 100% sometimes you just need some help on what to do, especially if it's your 1st zelda game.

Hasn't been so easy. . .

I got lost trying to find Bo, now I'm stuck somewhere in Hylian Field. . .lol

make sure you have two save files so you can double back if you screw yourself over, or if youre like me, you dont play for like a month then you forget what you were supposed to do.

Bliss said:
dont use a guide...do it all by urself...take ur time and look around every corner...only true way to expierance the game otherwise dont even play cuz ur following someone elses guide line.

agreed.....unless you're 100% stuck and have NO clue what to do next, then do a search for the walkthrough on IGN.....otherwise, take your time.......I've been a big Zelda fan since the first one on NES, and I STILL haven't finished Zelda: TP yet....and I've had it since 2 months after launch *LOL* I'm taking my time and enjoying the game as much as possible :)

Never

dont ever use the guilde being stuck is part of the game it wasnt desinged to be played with a guide.. i sat their for half n hour staring at a while now and again until i finialy realised i should look up and see that i could just shoot my self up:cool: ... took me around 54 hours to finish 1st time around if you can beat that without the guide first time around your doing fine

dont use it.........the game gets alot more playtime if you dont.......youll play it more if you dont....trust me dont use it

Yeah, you get your money's worth by not buying it and beating it on your own.
Unless of course you buy a guide..I guess your getting your money's worth there as well :lol:

Back